Tuesday, August 16, 2011

African American Malaysian Connection Exhibit.2011

The writing on the wall being written by Andrea who was talked into doing it.


The African American Malaysian Connection exhibition is on going now at the MGTF and maybe last for a week or two more. The image of Najjar giving the spill on the subject via a video set up can be heard as soon as I enter the Museum every morning.







Speaking for my part of the show i feel like my works has taken a new spin leading the way to what is now my form of abstract in black and white which in the past i had not felt like I deserve to let out as yet. As I had always mantained, the artist has to have earned the rights of passage to be in the position to venture into what he can declare to be his abstract works.










Thus the three large pieces in black and white are the first few of my venture into the abstract scene although I had done simmilar pieces in Sendai, Japan while I was in resident there. The pieces I did in Sendai were done on Japanese handmade papers and painted with Japanese black ink however.










The one hundred feet long sketche-drawings of Gergetown, Penang is now being displayed for the third time in my exhibitions, however it will always be the more involved and coloured version everytime it is displayed into the future. It is quite a favourite among the viewers as it draws their attetntion tot he details and the comments in the pictures.










The show was very well hung andthe lighting very professional up to MGTF standard.





The Construction Site.. is a large piece of black and sketching done with acrylic on canvass. It was taken from one of my Sketch Books done while i was employed as a Health and Safety Officer at the PETRONAS Refinery sit in Kerteh, Terengganu and later in Gebeng, Kuanatan, Pahang.




























































No comments: