Thursday, July 21, 2011

Dancing with the Broom


Two days ago I watched Najjar my newfound friend from the US working on three panels painting up a storm in the newly cleaned up "Artspace" while three panels of mine was leaned against the wall all primed and set to be worked on.

It was late in the evening and as i watched him I became excited and asked him if he would like a challenge and he spinned around from what he was doing and shouted "OH Yeaaah!!"
I stepped outsied and grabbed a broom and delcared "This is my Harry Potter's Magic Brush!" I attacked my three panels with black acrylic and never felt better doing it! It was like a dance which I had long time forgotten.







One of the things I realized while doing this was the fact that i had so much expectation out of my self that i forgot what it felt to have fun, to just let it out and let it flow to the rythm of motion.



This is art! The making of it, the dance of creation where the mind ceased to think, where the dual thinking mind becomes silence and the only act is being one with the dance of applying black paint to a white surface and seeing it happening as though someone else is doing it.





It has been decided that I am to have my own show alongside Najjar's as a complement and also to help make it more entertaining and so I have some work cut out for me to do.








Here I stand wioth my brush in my hand with my friend Najjar both of us sweating like dogs after dumpping and splashing and messing around with colors over some plywood surfaces in our new studio.































No comments: