Wednesday, June 08, 2011

SF - G.G. Park - H&H - Misc.- 1987


I lived in San Francisco for ten years of my life and in all those years I was able to do most of the things that I had wanted to do, tasted the life of living in a large and expensive city and became a part of the crowd.








I used to drive Porche sold to me by my friend George Berberis and I almost became a homeless living on the street on Haight and Ashbury. I lived at green Gulch Farm working as a field hand for their organic farm and I was a produce buyer for Del Tomasso a produce company out of Rockridge. I was a yard Supervisor For a hazardous Waste Facility on China Basin and I sold temporary tatoos at the Shoreline Amphitheatre. There were times i had an art exhibition or two and managed to sell one or two of my artworks.










On my days off you will find me headed out to the Marin County visiting my friends at green Gulch and Stinson Beach. Sometimes i wuld drop in at the Pelican Inn, an English tavern located at Muir Beach along the drive to Stinson.



One of my favourite Chinese restaurant is the Hunan on Haight where they make specially spicy food for me knowing that i can handle it.


Throughout the years I realize that my mind has not really changed that much in its inherent nature. it is always seeking for something more, it is always having this loneliness and sometimes sadness about life or being in life. It is like something is always missing. I ried on many occaisions to work this feelings out by doing sketches and bringing it out in the form of a dialogue.





These 'Father and Son' images that every so often appears in my journals are my ways of talking to myself. The big mind and the small mind working it out.

The"Bug" is another character i have created along the way to be a aprt of the discussion crew just like the Cheeseburger Buddha is. Sometimes the two would meet and thrash it out between themselves over something that was bothering me at the time.













Working at H&H Ship Services and Environmental Services for six years was the longestr time i ever held on to a job in my life; it was a long and painful vocation but not without is rewards.

Here I met with all kinds of characters some of whom i would not want to meet under any different circumstances. Here too i learned a great deal of who I am and what I was capable of when it came to self preservation.







































































































































No comments: