Friday, June 10, 2011

SF - 1988

The above simple sketch was done while having lunch at the water front on China Basin of the San francisco Bay Area. I used to work for H&H Ship Services located a few blocks from this location.



I did quite a few studies of the Pine trees and mostly whiel i was at the Golden Gate Park where I used to spend alot of my time off often with my two children karim and Marissa.




When I was laid off from work at H&H I spent many dyas standing in line at the unemployment office on Army Street in the Mission District. It was an opportunity to study people while dealing with their downers.





The sanFrancisco International Dance festival was held at the Golden Gate Park and my family and I had some great time at the shows.




Due to the fading of the lines in the sketches over the time period i had to keep adding new lines into the pictures. Sometimes i feel its not the right thing to do as the aging process in itself is part of the aesthetic beauty of the sketches.


It is also worth noting how some tpyes of ikn changes in color after some time.












From long time overlapping images are transfered from one page to another and it makes for another added dimension to the original pictures.







This wornout sketch fading with time and poor quality ink was done at the same location as the waterfornt scene earlier on. It is highly doubtful that this scene exist anymore today.
































No comments: