Friday, June 10, 2011

SF-1988 -2

I have been sketching just about every subject that I came across in one form or another, most of these are abstract in form and imagination, simplified through design .




Shintaido is a japanese form of martial Arts cum routine excersise which my wife belonged to in the SF Group. I believe it is the first group established in the US and has growing number of followers.











I used to tease my wife that it was 'Yuppy groupy" kind of get together and work out in the park thing.


I used to join in every once in a whileand work out with the 'Bo Jutsu" or stick fight taking on one of the Sensei who was a master at it.



Shintaido to my understanding is the the ability to harness energy through vigorous execise and alignment of mind body and spirit. Something like Tai Chi Chuan.







The old fart is having a spiritual experience while an earhtquake was happening.




A few neat advertisement found around the city and sidewalks.















The Golden Gate Bridge existed as part of a child's dream at one time in my life and true to the saying be careful what you dream for. While living in the Bay Area I used to drive back and forth this bridge on a daily basis for one reason or another.




































No comments: