Saturday, June 11, 2011

Petronas Construction site- Painting

I started on this five meters long canvass end of last year before i left for Dubai and now upon my return has almost completed it.




The work is being carried out at the back storage room of the Museum Gallery Tuanku Fauziah at USM.



The painting is done primarily in black acrylic monochromatic approach and the subject is of the Petronas Construction site at kerteh and Gebeng on the east Coast of the Malay Peninsula. Th pictures were adapted from my sketchbook which I had with me while working at these sites as a Health and Safety Manager for three different companies.







I see it as a 'next step of my Art presentation as my age progresses bringing to a conclusion of my ongoing works with the sketchbooks as journals of documentary project.

Ideally it would be my intention to have a solo exhibition which would display all my collective effort over the years culminating as my final product. If i could get my book published in the process it would be a bonus!


This is the Bahari masterpiece, not the individual pieces of works but the whole collection of process and presentation, the journals or sketchbooks themselves, the large paintings and many smaller ones, the prints whateveris left over, the writings like this bloggings and the illusive "Book".


It has always been my policy to keep on doing as much as i can regardless of where it gets me, how far or how near i am to getting my goal achieved. If i die before the final show can be realized so let it be...I tried.





























1 comment:

Asheville Painting said...

The draft was so nice. It is amazing. Keep it up.