Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Lake (Danau) Toba, Sumatra...2005

My fellow artist friend Shaparin from kampong Makam is hooked on Danau Toba and i would have joined him had it not been for my unofficial commitments and the financial lacking.




Located in Sumatra the lake is said to be a ccauldron that once was the crater of a volcano and hence in some places along the lakeshores one can find hotsprings.








Drving around the lake was wuite an experience in itself as it was asthough one was driving along a seashore instead of a lake.



Shaparin told me that there is quite a few artists hanging out where he is and that it is the place to be for a retreat.

Oh well one of these days if and when i can afford it I will find my way there and join my friend in his faraway retreat and perhaps discover some new visions in the process.





























No comments: