Friday, May 27, 2011

The Dubai Museum






























































I have not been keeping up with my blogging for the past few months simply because I really have not much to tell and also needed a break from it. I visited Kuwait again a few weeks ago and my sister was there visiting her daughter and grand children and it was good to touch base with her. I enjoyed the Friday prayers at the mosque while I was there as the sermon was in English and the Imam who lead the congregation seemed very intelligent in his delivery of the 'Kutbah." No brimstone and fiery speeches but just plain old logic and understanding.

I have also worked on a number of paintings three of which were for my son and one for his friend Steve. I was invited to join a group of International artist in producing artworks for peace at the Dubai Creek Cultural centre. My way of getting my foot into the local art community and getting to know who is who in the process. Am not holding my breath about it at the moment but who knows what good deeds may bring in the future. The show was organized by an Emirati artist Fatma Lootah who has a studio close to the location where the show was held. There was two artists from India and one from Iraq.

No comments: