Thursday, March 10, 2011

My Heart Weeps for Sendai.

Lord Date Masamune , 'The one Eyed Dragon', Shogun lord of the Tohoku region of the Northern territories of the Miyagi Prefecture. He had the Aoba castle built at Sendai and ruled the region.
The people of Sendai enjoying the Hanamori in spring at one of the many parks in Sendai.

A panoramic view of the City of Sendai from the top of the hill at Yasoen (Wild Flowers Garden} where our Apartment was located.


The Godaido...a historical temple built on a little island of the coast of Matsushima.



Yesterday, 11th. of March a major earthquake hit Northern japan with the magnitude of 8.9 causing a Tsunami that swiped large areas of the Sendai City areas of the Miyagi Prefecture and surrounding areas.




Most of the drawings and sketches of the 'Clash of the Titans- SUMO!! were done while I was living in Sendai for three years of my life.





My late wife nancy was a lecturer at the Kawaijyuku Bunri and my two children attended the Mukaiyama Yo Chien or Kindergarten there. We had many great friends in this City






To all those who we know and those we met on the streets daily in Sendai and to the rest of the Japanese People I bow my head and raise my heart to the heavens for a mercyful recovery. May all the Buddhas come to the aid of those in need.






May the AlMighty protect them from any further disaster and keep them safe.







No comments: