Tuesday, March 01, 2011

The Sketch of Life.

When travelling in Muslim dominated countries the women cover more of themselves up than when one travels in a non muslim country, except in winter off course. Does this makes the muslim women any less appealing than the non muslim women? The question is mainly aimed at the men naturally however in general is more revelation more appealing?
Sketching rocks and boulders on the river bed of 'Sekayu' in Ulu Terengganu, this was the place that I got my Malaria attacks from in the late 1960s that almost claimed my life after four months in and out of the hospital.

In Simpang To'Ku, Kuala Terengganu is my late brother in law's house and this is the BBQ pit that was rarely put to use 0n the side of the house.


One day I sat underneath the Sultan Mahmud Bridge, locted at Pulau Ketam next to Pulau Duyong and did this sketch.

While having teh tarik at a roadside coffee shop I saw this gentleman sitting all by himself in his own world having his cup of tea.


The Malay sarong has many purposes other than to be worn as a skirt. Here it is being used as a baby bouncer. Along the beaches on the eastcoast it is also handy as a portable toilet where one can just squat and do one's number all in the privacy of one's sarong. So, whats rong with my sarong!?

This is the portrait of the Ustaz who married my wife and I in the Muslim way after my late wife converted to Islam. His comment in Malay after all the trials and tribulations that we had to endure for three days in Penang was, 'Ini semua ada lah krisis pernilaian hidup." Rough translation would be like this is all the woofs and waffs of life.


This is the portrait of my cousin brother Ahmad Kalam who drove us back and forth for three days getting our conversion to Muslim status taken care of. He is the most patient man I have ever had the pleasure of knowing in my life and a true Muslim.

On the last night of our ordeal my late wife and children fell asleep exhuasted at the Sri Malaysia Hotel. Her last comments while in tears before she passed out was, "I thought you told me becoming a Muslim was going to be easy and a happy occaision!"
I was dumbstruck and the only thought that came to my mind to say to her, "Allah is the Great Tester of true believers, and you have just been tested."

It was the fasting month of Ramadan and we were at the Kota Bharu airport waiting for the flight to Penang.. The girls were having their siesta due to lack of service needed at the cafetaria.



I had the opportunity to visit Kota Kinabalu once in 1997 ? and was a guest of the Tengku Adlin family whose home was located on top of a hill overlooking the port and sea.
There is an island across from where I was and it has a flaoting village mostly inhabited by the Philipino migrants to Sabah.













1 comment:

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol online without a prescription the best online tramadol pharmacy is - buy tramadol online with visa