Tuesday, January 11, 2011

drive to Lucern

Maybe it was the cold winter month knowing that the water beneath me must be freezing cold even for the ducks and geese, but my first impression of Lucern, Switzerland was that it was like a modern day fairyland. The narrow streets and the shop walks that is only for pedestrians with not even a bicycle excess is refresshing.
Yes i am looking through the eyes of a tourist, one who is visiting and hoping for recognition as "Being there''.. but I like Lucern simply because it has remained an aesthetic beauty as far as small cities goes.

My son Timo and i entered what to me looks more like a cathederal than a simple church and I sat in the pew reflecting my thoughts about what I was suppose to reflect being in a church. I am in God's house I keep telling myself and I felt like I cannot find God in this awesome building, why? I only felt sadness like God made a mistake somehow when He decided to Have a son even if it was by virgin birth.
But man is gullible! He is naive and worse of all he is fear ridden o belief in the stories handed down to him by those of old all in the name of God.
Te Muslims belief in Isa Alai'Salam as the prophet of God but ther Muslim refutes the cruxifixion of Christ, did you know that? Did you know that for this minor differences in our religious belief Islam and Christianity tells the same story? Worship the same God, and bear lineage t0o the same prophets?.... But who gives a hoot any more??
In all my travellings, being in Switzerland for the past ten days was an awakening experience. It is not doubt that every new place would evoke a new feeeling in youself for better or worse, however being in Switzerland especially in winter was a spiritual blast.
I insisted my son Timo to take these pictures with me in them so that it means more than just beautiful pictures which you could do better getting from the Internet these days. But when you have yourself in the picture, it is a testimony of your being there.
And someone just left their pants there right in the middle ofitall!! and why not?!!
Look up and look around you, there are designs everywhere. Records of identity and preservation of culture in one form or another. Look see and feel what is around you when you next travel in someone elses back yard.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is this Austria? It looks like the setting from a Korean drama I watched a few years back

Timo said...

Nah, it's switzerland^^ but still close though;)