Thursday, December 30, 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR!! From Us in Dubai

It is said that life is what you make it to be! So Be It! There is nothing in this world that is stopping a man from achieving that which his heart seeks, nothing that sincerity and humility, faith and determination and alot of creative thoughts and energy cannot accomplish.
Time is an illusion of the movement in space, sooner or later we get there whether to the top or the bottom and space is relative to where you are at, whether you like it or you dont.You can be seventy and stand at the top of Mount Kinabalu among your grandchildren or you can be seventeen moaning and groaning of boredom on the Face Book.

You win some and you loose some, as they say and that is life and at the end of the day it does not really matter whether you win or loose, it is not the end of the journey or the top of the mountain that is life, it is how you get there. It is the journey that makes life.
As another year comes to a close I am happy and sad all at the same time as I see that my journey is sowly but surely winding down to an end. I have more than my share of travelling, experiencing, giving and taking, my share of joys and sorrows, living in this borrowed time and space wishing and hopin that I have amounted to more than occupying space and sucking in air.
My children have each and everyone grown up into their own ways after travelling their own journies along with me part of the ways and it is a good time to untie the thethers and set them along their own paths.
My only wish now is to return to my spiritual path in seeking that which is 'ME' and be prepared to meet that which is my 'Maker'. If there is any possiblities I would wish to travel to Sri Lanka and find a space to meditate on my grandfather's and my father's grounds and later if Allah would have it, I would like to fulfill my pilgrimage to the Holy land.
These are my New Year's resolution, Insha' Allah.

As head of the family, as father to my children, as an artist to my friends and as The Cheeseburger Buddha, I wish the whole Universe in the ten directions, Past, Present and Future, PEACE; JOY AND PROSPERITY!!
Life is only what YOU make it to BE!







1 comment:

Faida said...

Good to see you're enjoying your trip. Happy New Year to you and your children.