Monday, November 08, 2010

My Wedding Day

My wedding was held at Green Gulch Farm Farm and Zen Center in Sau Salito, Marin County, California. What a wedding it was, as most of our friends both Nancy and I were from all over the world and they came to this place where Buddhas sit and practice Zen. Those who know will tell you this is one of those places where you dream of having your wedding at, if nothing else for its sheer breath taking beauty of a landscape and location.

My adopted brothers while i was doing my practice, they supported me when I needed all the support i could get and they kicked my butt just as hard when i needed the butt kicking. They took me for who I was and allowed me to grow in my own way without too much judgement.
Eduardo Montoya (El Senor), The 'Chief' and his wife and Duc and his wife (H&H emplyee from Vietnam) made it to the wedding adding to the color and variety.


My wife Nancy was on top of the world on that day and she was ten days short of delivering my son. Oh yes, it was a long story how this came to be but then my life has always been one long story after another and I learned to stop justifying. One of the reasons why we married Buddhist Way, it was more forgiving than most religions i know of.



Nancy being cornered by two of her colleagues from the UC Berkley, California. My wife was a lecturer on ESL at the UC Extension in downtown San Francisco.
Martha and Lee De baros (in robes) were marride at the GGF too.
Chris and Sandy were also married here and later moved to Sacramento, Ca. We were all in the practice period together including harold the guy on the left most.


And so that was how We got married my late wife and I, 'two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl'. Not too shabby for one who left his home and family seeking his own future or creating one in his own way...with no holds barred! And oh yes... everytime I sing Sinatra's number I know I too did it my way.






And if the religious and the rightious raises their eyebrows I have no justification for anything that i have done, it may be wrong by their standards and maybe God has a special place for us for not going according to his will but who is to say tha he did not wish it to be so. How can God's compassion and understanding be any less than the Buddhas?






It was one of the happiest times of my life and I am sure it was more so for my late wife. Regrets? Like the song said , I have had a few but too few to mention...












No comments: