Monday, November 08, 2010

Meeting of Great Minds

Kurt Vonnegut was one of those characters that whose works I had admired in th past he was a witty and brilliant thinker.
"Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be."
Kurt Vonnegut

Who is not touched by this old fart? In the course of my life Albert Einstein has shed much light upon my darker moments through reading his works.
"A table, a chair, a bowl of fruit and a violin; what else does a man need to be happy?"
Albert Einstein.."
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves. "


They called him The Cheeseburger Buddha, his was a journey that not too any would have, should have or could have taken in one lifetime and he is still moaning and groaning about life with its ups and down. And this blog has been about his story.



And who cannot recognize Ghandiji, the little India man who brought the British Empire crumbbling to its knees? Mahatma Ghandi has been my spirtual social mentor eversince I came to discover him when i was a teenager.
"An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind."
Mohandas Gandhi


CBB meeting with Bill Moyers on CBS in a program called the Lonng Search...



" Time is a Seiko watch, Bill and now it is time for Zazen!"










Smetimes my sketches records spurts of enthusiasm when I make small discoveries on my own in my own mind.


Sometimes I record my fumbblings and bunglings in the effort to remind myself that my life is ever an experiment, practices and obeservations. These kinds of sketches are randomly done throughout the year.




I am not will never be a spiritual teacher, heavens forbid, but i would like to believe that i am on the road to find out and whatvever discovery i make I like to see it with a sense of humor lest i get sucked into being too serious about living.


I have always abhored authorities in whatever forms they are, but i make no great effort to break the laws that be. Exisiting in a society my mind is never free but within myself i am free to be who or what i choose to be.
Knowledge and understanding are but grist for the mill, where as wisdom happens and when it does it is up to me to be aware and to receive.




When power leads man toward arrogance, poetry reminds him of his limitations. When power narrows the areas of man's concern, poetry reminds him of the richness and diversity of his experience. When power corrupts, poetry cleanses. For art establishes the basic human truths which must serve as the touchstones of our judgement. The artist. . . faithful to his personal vision of reality, becomes the last champion of the individual mind and sensibility against an intrusive society and an offensive state.
- John F. Kennedy










No comments: