Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Faces and places in SF.

Two of my close buddies Joshua and Bo in the kitchen at Haight and Ashbury. Josh was a handyman and travels to Thailand every year for his businness. He sells trinkets and temporary tattoos at the Shorline Ampitheater.
There were a few places that i had frequented while living the ten years of my life in San Francisco ans as i had always maitained, the Golden gate park was one of the most frequented among them.

While parked facing the paciffic ocean at Ocean Beach I sketched the wind mill located at the end of GG Park that was relected in my side view mirror.
The Flying horsae is one of Josh's temporary tattoos.

I baby sat my children most of their lives evrsince they were born as my late wife was into working. I did not mind it that much as it allowed me alot of free time to roam the City especailly the park area, the Galleries and Muzeums. The kids loved it except when i hung in one place too long like doing a drawing or chatting.


When you have lived in a place for a long enough time you start to discover the negative traits of the people especially when the going gets tough for everyone. Thus the comment in this sketch done of the 'Cliff House' at Ocean Beach.


While living on 2nd. Avenue and Balboa which is about two blocks from the GG Park I used to do my laundry on 5th. and Fulton and while waiting for the laundry to be done i would do my sketching.

This was view of SF rarely seen by many as it was taken from the window of the Davis medical center where my late wife had our son, Karim. I had brought my flute and camera along fo the occaision and while my wife was in labor I watched the World Series on TV. She never let me forget that whenver the subject of being ther when your partner needs you came up. But I was a hundred percent there in my own way.




The AArdVark clothing store was located on Haight and Ashbury and I used to squat with my friend Joshua sleeping under his kitchen table while i was in transition from the Green Gulch to the City life.









No comments: