Thursday, November 18, 2010

life drawing or sketching is taboo in Malaysia even if you can get someone to model nude for you chances are you would not be able to show your works in any open or public gallery. This a Muslim country and as such it is a matter of religious sensitivity that one does nude drawings in private and not hope to have shows about it.

Why do artists like to do nude figure drawings of males and females? Maybe because it is a challenge as it is one of the most difficult task when it comes to rendering the human figure in drawing for most artists.



As for me I had my opportunity in doing some life nude studies while i was at the University in Wisconsin. I must admit it was kid of awkward in the beginning staring at the nude models however it was over as soon as I got down to sketching. I loved to sketch human figures with charcoal as it has the ability to bring out the sensuality of the forms better than most mediums.




















No comments: