Monday, November 08, 2010

The Night soil Carrier..

"Shit happens!" is a common contemporary American saying, dont know who first said it but it has become a household phrase. Be mindfull as you walk through this life especially if you are carrying a load of crap on your shoulders. MIndfullness walking is a Hinayana Buddhist practice of meditation and made very popular by the Rev. Thich Nhat Han of Plum Village, France.

Despite his very busy schedule outwitting the English and liberating India, the Mahatma had time to make a comment on "Art for Arts's sake. If you have trouble reading the quote double click on the picture.
The drum maker was a sketch done at one of the street fairs in San Francisco.


Pablo Cassals was a very well known Cellist and this sketch was doen froma black and white taken of Cassals by Yousoff Karsh, the Canadian Photographer.



From a painting by the Black American Artist Henry O. Tanner entitled "Man with Beard."
"I will preach with my brush."
Henry Ossawa Tanner



The great Mexican Artist Diego Riverra done from his works soemwhere.
"July 13, 1954 was the most tragic day of my life. I had lost my beloved Frida forever. To late now I realized that the most wonderful part of my life had been my love for Frida."
Diego Rivera


The Asian Art Muzium a part of the De Young Muzium in the San francisco Golden Gate Park was where i had spent most of my free time while living close by on 2nd.Avenue. I did many studies sketching at this muzium and the Muzium of nautral History right across from it.






yes, i see humor in everything i sketch, I try to create a story whenever i can so that the sketch becomes more enlightening.







Yani was sixteen? when she visited the Bay Area annd did a demonstration of her talent painting on bamboo paper. She reminded me of myself at my primary school doing the same thing for my school during the Parent's Day.













No comments: