Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Still Many Rivers to Cross..














What is the update in my personal life, my spiritual,psychological, physical as well social outlook these days? As always I fell a sense of lacking, not being active to my fullest and a feeling of stagnation. I feel like i am wasting every minute of my life over things that is beyond or beneath my concern in some circumstances, I feel trapped, my feet nailed to the floor. To me off course these are what i have always felt having lived for the past sixty years, life is lacking in one way or another, like something is always missing, incomplete; what is IT?

It is the grandest illusion, It is the gnawing yearn for something that is not there that which is in itself ungraspable but it is there sitting like a ache in the middle of the chest, sometimes It is worse in intensity than at other times. It is not pain but just a kind of numbness, a sadness. What is IT? It is like a knot, a tangle that is urging me to unravel before i exit this scenario of life itself. Despite all the indulgences and meeting most of my commitments and serving my resposibilities It still sit there, the sense of emptiness, the longing for something unknown. it is like looking for the conclusion to this lengthy blogging but not being able to put my finger on what it is.

The age old question is still valid even more so as I look back over the years of my 'self exile from life', "What am I here for?", or to be more precise, "Who am I?" I realize that none can give me these answers and that It will present Itself in due time perhaps at the end of my days. I thought I had found solace in the from of my religious discovery but this has been like a temporary opiate that has on many occaisions soothed my confused mind, I have practiced intense meditations daily but this too is another form of temporay relief that has bought small doses of peace when I needed it. I have many friends whose respect and companionship has eased my burden in my times of need along the way, but something is lacking, something larger than life for me personally. What is IT?

and the Buddha said, form is emptiness and emptiness is form...the same is true of thoughts, feelings, perceptions, impulses and conciousness...

An echo from the teachings of the Master ....
"Friend, I want to lay the foundation of Truth in your mind and heart. That is the work of life and therefore of the eternal. You have not so far been concerned with that foundation, you have not taken to heart and pondered over that Truth, you have all the time occupied yourself with the past, with small misunderstandings, with the corruption from obedience, with petty loyalties to individuals, with the adoration of passing mediators and gurus. Is it not better to seek the Life eternal that shall nourish you always, than to seek shelters that vary from moment to moment, inviting you to their decay and stagnation?
Friend, believe me, I am saying all this out of the fullness of my heart. Because I am in love with that life which is in everyone, I would free that life; but you do not want that, you want the passing love, the fleeting comfort and the balm that shall heal your momentary pain. You desire what you perceive, but if your perception is limited and conditioned, your desire will be the cause of your sorrow. But if your perception has no limitation, if it is beyond all beliefs and traditions, then your desire will have no limitations, it will be life itself. You are not in love with life; you are in love with the past, and life is not concerned with the past. Life, like the swift running waters, is always going forward and is never still and stagnant."
J.Krishnamurti

No comments: