Sunday, October 17, 2010

The Hauris Dancers

After being bumped around from one location to another within the Muzium Gallery walls I have found a small corner to do my painting in peace and quiet among the works of masters like Syed Ahmad Jamal and Chew teng beng and Redza Piyadasa to name a few; I am painting in the permanent collection storage room area.

How long this will last depends on the mood of the Director and the Ghosts that haunts this Heritage building but for now i am fine as i have a small space to call my temporary studio. In all my years as a wannabe artist I have never owned a studio of my own, I am like a Gypsy squatting here and there to do my work.
This painting is taking its time to happen as I am still searching for the mystry that is lurking behind this simple straight foreward imgery. Something that will give it a twist when it is looked at it will boggle the mind or at least make the viewer take a second look at it demanding an explanation.



I do not really enjoy spending too long a time while working on a piece of work whatever the medium or style may be and it is not impatience but more to it than that; it lacks the sense of spontaneity, too involved and predetermined, calculated and controlled? The mind has left the painting a long time ago while the painting is still dragging on unfinished. Just like the artist himself while everyone else his age are retired and playing with their grandchildren, visiting the Holy Land and making final arrangements with God, he is still squatting here and there with not a place to hang his hat and call it his own!!







1 comment:

Pearls and Gem said...

Shamsul,

Lama tak dengak berita.
Good to know you are still blogging away.
" A blog a day keep the the doctors away!"

http://drnikisahak.blogspot.com/