Sunday, September 19, 2010

The choice between Dubai and Ho Chi Min City.

The pilot in Dubai wants us to celebrate XMas with him at his new home. I could not ask for more than to see all my children together under one roof at least for once in my lifetime. It is a wish any father would hope for to happen as it would be the climax to what has been over the years between each of them growing up apart from each other and coming from three different mothers.

If this could happen than Christmas of 2010 will be a hallmark event of the Bahari family and more than one way it help to create a new era in their interrelationship with one another into the future even when I am no more around. It is my hope that my children will someday develop a close knit relatioship such that those who have will support those who may need without having any sense of giving or receiving, to support eachother selflessly, unconditionally. It is a a tall order to hope for, however if all my children are what they are and if they had been following their father's approach to life, nothing is impossible for them collectively. I did not honestly and truthfully kept tis blogging for posterity or the universal public consumption nor is it for my personal agrandisement but all these years of my lame effort at putting down my thoughts and fancies was to hand down a blueprint to my children of what can be an option in their lives when i am dead and gone.

This day and age of Information Technology, where messages can be at one's fingertips and sharing of it can happen at a split second over great distances it would be a grave and wastefull error not to take advantage of its vast possibilities. Transcending individual idiosycracies and limitting tendencies that we humans inherit, so much can be accomplish through wise and smart use of what has been laid out for those who can see and act accordingly. So it is my hope that after exposing all my strength and weaknesses, my faults and wisdom, my experiment with life, that my children will learn how to come to an understanding of their own and make wise choices in their lives. As 'charity begins at home or who is most closest to you', it is my hope that all four of my children can collaborate among themselves and collective strive towards achieving a common success.

My idea about a bicycle trip from Penang to Ho Chi Min City along with my younger friend and fellow artist, Shaparin and taking my son along is with the hope that the trip can act as a catalyst for all of us to discover further who we are and what our potential can be in the face of the various hardships that we may encounter along the journey. This is more so for my son who seem to have no hope of discovering his potential and going through a crisis of identity. it is also for me the effort to continue my life's work as an artist journalist and spiritual seeker keeping to the format of sketching and writing as i take to the road. I have always dreamt of discovering the cultural landscape of the South East Asian countries such Thailand and the Indo China countries of Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam and perhaps later God willing Miyamar. This would add to my nkowledge and experiences of other countries i have already traversed and documented.
it has always been my believe that a man has to have vison if not a dream in life to fullfill so that one is not left with the vacuum state of boredom and lack of desire to strive and prevail over a mediocre existence. My goal has always been a journey towards self discovery in all its forms albeit physica, mental or spiritual. This journey is yet another undertaking to fullfill this goal before i am incapable of doing so due to old age.

5 comments:

Faida said...

I'm happy for you.

Timo abächerli said...

Hey Dad, still checking your Blog twice a week...to Bad you're not writing as often, Love to read about you;) So how is Naz doing, wrote to him some Time ago, but
I think I sounded a bit desperate As I was in a lonely mood, well got no answer anyway;) say hello to my Bros and lil'sis, lya Timo

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your positive comments and i surprised that there is still one or two faithful readers to my ramblings boring as it is.
My regards to you and yours and a Selamat hari raya wishes.

Craig England Jr said...

I think your bicycle trip is a brilliant idea. Shauna and I, who you met today, took a trip on bicycles from Missoula, Montana to Berkeley, California about 4 years ago. Its how we moved to California. It was a truly amazing and intimate way to experience the landscape, a world and its people. I am in full support!

Craig

Craig England Jr said...

I think your bicycle trip is a brilliant idea. Shauna and I, who you met today, took a trip on bicycles from Missoula, Montana to Berkeley, California about 4 years ago. Its how we moved to California. It was a truly amazing and intimate way to experience the landscape, a world and its people. I am in full support!

Craig