Friday, July 09, 2010

Re; Humindscape Solo Exhibition


























D-Day tomorrow. I have been running around trying to tie up loose ends ensuring that my exhibition will be a success tomorrow and I hopw and pray that it will. Many of my friends have been a great help in lending a helping hand through words, thoughts and deeds and i feel greatly privillaged that i can still pull together some energies to accomplish this not so easy a task given my limited means.
Why am i doing this? Perhaps the ego needs a shot in the arm to boost its image among my fellow artists and peers, or perhaps just another form of justification for my existence as an artist but more so perhaps i could use a good amount of money to pay for my daughter's desire to enter college next month. Whatever my reasons may be I feel that I have done whatever it is that a man can do under such circumstances. My creaive energy as an artist will keep producing works feeble as it may seem as i am getting up there in age and it will sustain my self discovering quest. I have been painting, sketching and printmaking in the effort to keep my thoughts infested mind from becoming stale and decadent, stagnant and succumb to petrification. Hence before semility sets in this effort is a form of another challenge to keep the mind in its track.
This show will be an even greater challenge as i have my college students attending it and each and everyone of them are in the Arts in one category or another. It will also be a challegne because there is not too many non Chinese artists out there who is holding a Solo Exhibition or can afford one these days mostly from lack of support and scarce premisses to hold one. I am fortunate in the fact that through the Malay Art Society I have been able to find venue and through the financial support from my friend Lee Khai I have been able to pay for my framings. If anything, i cannot do less and let these people down.
This show i dedicate to my late wife in her memory and to my children wherever they are.

No comments: