Monday, June 07, 2010

So! Whats the Buzz!!!

Last Friday I received a call informing me that my twin had a heart attack and was in critical condition at the Kuala Terengganu hospital. My first reaction to the news was no, it is not hist time yet, he lives through this. my second thoguht was i had to drive there like it or not. I was there the week earlier with my daughter taking advantage of the semester break from and so the prospect of doing another trip there was not really what i looked forward to as I was still suffering my lower back pains from the last trip. Butt.. such is..
Drove from Penang towards Manjung ,Perak to fertch my sister living at her duaghter's house there but along the way found out that one of my cousins was joining us and I decided to avoid Manjung and headed for Grik where Iwould wait for them. They arrived and i left my car in front of the police station in Grik and joined them for the drive from Grik to Kuala Terengganu. Later found out that I had left my LG handphone on the front seat of the car!! This is the phone that naz, my son had bought for me when i visited him in Dubhai, hence no ordinary handphone.
Arrived in KTr. at down and managed to talk the Gaurds and nurses into letting us in to see my twin. He was lying in bed just after the morning wash and I looked at him for awhile in his sleep and saw myself stripped of all egos and humbled by physical helplessness. My twin brother, the man who has everything a man could ask for, a man I never got to know nor got along with our entire lives.
As I stood there beside his bed alone as my sister left the room for one reason or another many thoughts ran through my mind but one thing i was certain, he will pull through this bout. he opened his eyes and saw me and flicked his fingers inviting me to hold them, I did, lifting them to my lips and then just simply held the hand and stood there saying nothing untill my sister came back. I left the room after kissing his forehead and saying the words that came to my mind spontaneously, I love You...

2 comments:

Faida said...

I hope your brother will recover soon. It hurts loosing a sibling.

Anonymous said...

Man that brought me to tears.
NAz