Thursday, February 18, 2010

What Happened to my First Pay Cheque?

I was paid on the 7th of Febraury, a week later than the full time employees of the Equator Academy of Fine Arts, it has been the school's policy from way back when according to the lady who handles these things. Then i was paid two days short because according to her since i did not clock in she thought i did not turn up for work for the two days. I explained to her that I had taken both classes of my students on a field trip to the Museum Gallery Tuanku Fauziah and so was not in to punch the clock. So an honest mistake was made and if I were to ask her to make me a new cheque or an extra one for the remaining amount i know she will get hell from her boss the Dato's wife So i suggest that she carry foreward the amount into the next pay. She was releived, Iwas a little ticked off inside as i really needed the money to pay for my rent and car payments and what not, but such is...
Then it was the holidays and so i had to wait for the bank to open and deposit the cheque. I was the second in line Monday a week ago and went up to the cashier to tell him about my desire to make a payment for my car out of the cheque while deposit the remaining amount into my savings. The teller grabbed my cheque and handed it to the guy who was at the receptionist counter and told him to take care of it for me as the cheque had to be dropped off into the deposit box. The man took my cheque wrote a little something on it and tore a slip for my safe keeping and that was that. Yeasterday on Tuesday more than a week later I still had no cash deposited into my account! I went to the bank and found out that all my money was paid towards the car payment which was three months overdue! Masha'Allah!!
Now I am back to square one with no money and debts accumulating...way to go Bahari! What else can go wrong? This is the summit of the Mystic Mountain that Ed brown was talking about in his Dharma lectures, or just another brick in the wall, a lesson from the Merciful , As-Sabur the Patient or is it just pure human carelessness, and to be dealt as such. Wahtever it is, I am still here moaning and groaning while tossing the compost inside of me to it some vitality a breath of fresh air before the next stage of fermentation with this newly added waste. But help is always at hand and it comes from sources i cannot reveal as promised, small amounts just to survive the day, enought to get by and payable when able... such is His blessing and one cannot not let this be known too. I am a beggar in this life no doubt and in more than one way it has helped to keep my ego and pride in check and my belief in the Divine more substantial and genuine. Hunger and poverty, the two pure antidote for the arrogant and wasteful.

3 comments:

Faida said...

Through wild guess, you are a reserve person. The only good thing that should remain unknown is a gift of piety to the needy (Sedekah).Other that that, as long as we are alive and kicking, we need to let others know the good things we are planning to do, good things we are doing and good things we have done, regardless we value appreciation or not. Else, we will be unintentionally left behind expecting others to recognize our contributions and efforts, which they unknowingly do not know and they should not be blamed for not knowing them.
Get up, not just through writing, do expose those good values in you to your surroundings.
I dont feel too young to tell you to fill your thoughts with happiness. Think of something that brings up joy in you, talk something nice, make others to smile. Thoughts travel in a certain frequency. It invites others that fall into the same frequency, as stated in 'The Secret'. Happiness invites happiness. Turn around and transform.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your care and concern and worry not as i have my safety valves and realms of peace and tranqulity at my disposal and they cost nothing. I meditate and through the years my meditation and prayers has delivered me through thick and thin. I have a few great friends in whom i can lay my trust and look to in my hour of need.
I just got back from spending some good quality time with my Chinese brothers celebrating The New Year and the kids look to me like I am their Uncle, it is happiness at its purest in form.
Again please do not think that i am a miserable grumpy old fart who doea nothing but moan and groan read my writing in between the lines or relate to the pictures and you will find the positive nature of the blog.
I am honored that you care.
shamsul

Faida said...

Im sure you are not grumpy old man, because you have your blog to release your moans and groans. Someone who express grumpiness in writing, usually sincere and kind hearted in reality.That ties my concern, because I like a 'nice' acquaintances.
My perception confirmed thru your story. Children could sense sincerities of one's internal feelings and thoughts. A good-hearted person most of the time can be identified by the way he/she is accepted by children.