Monday, February 22, 2010

A visit to the Museum of natural History San Fran.

I lived a few blocks from the Golden Gate Park in the 80s and nineties and when I was babysitting my two children I would load them on the double stroller packed with food and toys, my flute and sketch materials and spend a good amount of time at every corners of the park.




my favorite spots were always the De Young Museum and the Museum of Natural History. I would also spend soemtime playing my flute inside the 'tunnels' found in saveral spots in the park and enjoyed the echo it provided.
These sketches were done from the animal exhibits at the Museum of natural History.































3 comments:

FRa said...

Amazing masterpiece!

Anonymous said...

Thank you! I see you are an artist also, good for you. I am more partial to black and white but every once in a while when i have the means i would settle down and paint. Painting is more involved and sketching is more spotaneous. I guese I am still impatient, I like to get things done ASAP.
Would you like to be my manager? I am looking for someone who has the brain and drive to make money out of my works but so far i have met with half baked half hearted individuals. Just a thought, I am a believer in chances.
Well I would love to go to Sabah and visit my nephew and his father in law, Dato' Doc Tengku Adlin at one time the Director of the Sabah Foundation and now maybe still the Sabah Tourism Chairman. I visited KK once and stayed at his home. I need a sponsor for this otherwise no go as you can imagine my status from having read my blogs.
It would be nice to have a show in Lahad Datu based on my Journals and other sketches!

Faida said...

You're the first person to call me an artist. An artist calls me so??. Wow! WHAT A FEELING... ghee..thanks.
Too bad I'm not consistant. I paint when I want to, but hardly stop when I started.Then when I stopped, that would take years. So, I guess I fit into those half hearted individuals. Your statement is encouraging in some ways. Become a manager to an artist? hm..you just openned up an extra essence to my thoughts. I wished I could spare a time, as my current job is limiting my physical movement. We'll see. For now, lets get rid of all the BUT's in the WHAT IF, then we think of something.
Yes, Tngku Adlin is still the said chaimain. Good for you to know him.