Sunday, February 28, 2010

Bali - 2

One of the most dynamic sketch artist i have come across was a dwarf of a man who had the yearnings and appetite of a Bohemian. When I met him Ageng I Kt. Sumerta impressed me as a very highly skilled painter after viewing his Bilinese dancers paintings, however I was more impressed by the pseed in which he executed the sketch he did for me in my sketchbook. I hope someone with the means would discover this guy and help him set up his own studio in UBUD.





While travelling in Central Java I felt like i was on a pilgrimage of somesort. I made many discovereis about myself as an artist as well as a man. I was well received and treated with respect wherever i was and i made friends just as readily along the road and wherever i stop to rest.











People never fail to impress me down to each single individual i cross path with. It had always been my habit to greet everyone either with a smile or with a nod of my head as a token of respect, sometimes i bow like the Japanese, something i picked up living in Japan for three years. I find that this habit of greeting others irregardless of their appearences or status has always been a positive trait that had allowed me some great discoveries about others.

















In Bali there is no doubt that their sculptures impressed my most especially the wooden ones. The rendering of the human figures in the Balinese sculptures defies imagination. Here the imagination is stretched to the limits and what the artist can do with wood is just phenominal.

1 comment:

Faida said...

Nice. I see you like Bali so much. Its good to know you are in a happy mood now ( Just a wild guess).