Friday, August 14, 2009

Sketches of Life




All these sketches that I am sharing with you was done sometime in 2005-06 while I was working at the Jerejak Resort and SPA as the Ferry Terminal Supervisor. The sketches were done on the back of discarded brochures for the Buffet Ramadan of 2005.


I sketched almost anything and everything that I could lay my eyes on and most were done while I was working and had time on my hand.




I mostly used pen and ink and sometimes washes/smears to add to the forms and highlights. I hardly ever use a pencil to draw perhaps simply because I am too lazy or too much in a hurry or theres the challenge in using ink where you cannot erase the mistake made.



Black on white has always been my choice of colors when I sketch and I can still remember my mentor the late Mr. Bill Prevetti said to me never sketch with any other color than black after hecaught me using a blue ball point pen to sketch.













The original sketches are now the property of The MUseum Gallery Tuanku Fauziah/ USM, sold for RM2000 after they were put on exhibition entitled, The Sketches of Life. Not bad for using recycled papers.






No comments: