Thursday, July 02, 2009

Whats going on around the Country...


I was in KL monday morning arrived there in the wee hours while it was still dark and hardly any traffic on the roads. I was suppose to have stayed at one of my cousins' for the morning, however my ride from Penang a couple who live and worked in KL could not locate the place I was supposed to be picked up from. After heading back and forth and the beginning of light and polite finger pointing at whose fault it was it deccided that i should just head for Ampang Park where there is a Mc Donald's and wait it out.
As KL came slowly to life with the outpouring of traffic I sat having my breakfast and discovered that one of my shoe has lost its sole and so it meant that I had to look for a shoe repair shop in the area. Fortunately for me there was one in the shopping complex but was not opened till eleven and there i was at seven in the morning making my discovery and the American Embassy my intended destination was at nine. I wish very much that i had a book to read to while my time away but no such luck and so settles for the free 'Sun" news papers. As time passes I managed to settel one after another of my issues at hand and I learned that I was in no hurry whatsoever and this seemed to make life in this big city more tolerable than it would have been. As i have mentioned before i have no desire to be in KL unless I need to.
By eleven thirty after having my shoes fixed I made my way to Pudu Raya bus terminal to catch my ride back to Penang. I was told to take the local transit bus and not trust the Taxis as they would slaughter me with the fare. I was told where to catch the bus and explained a little about KL life while i was waiting for my shoe by a Bangladeshi caretaker, what an irony. At the bus stop again I had the help two boys from Bangladesh who pointed out the bus to take and looking around me I began to realized that pretty soon KL will have her own 'Little Bangladesh' by the looks of their numbers here. Why not? Little India, Little China, little Japan... and for those well to do, there are second homes to take a bite from... theres enough little slices of the 'Bengkang' to go around in this country. Indonesia has stopped the export of housemaids to Malaysia due to house maids abuse prevailent among sick Malaysians but the Philipines is taking advantage on this by providing their maids instead perhaps these will be more abuse proof.
AHH!! the foreing workers where would we be without them? What have our lives become with their presence here can we ever get rid of them when the time comes. If not for the abuses and the corrupt practices involving these foreign workers Malaysia has a great thing going as far human resources is concern and the locals aught to thank their lazy stars.