Thursday, May 28, 2009

Lee Kean Seng Solo Print Exhibition


The works of Lee Kian Seng from 77-78 comprised mainly of lithoprints which the artist is quite well known for.
"The making of lithographs in a tropical climate setting was no easy task. Nonetheless i set up a lithograph work studio in Malaysia in May 1977 and this exhibition showcase the creative process through which I experimented with this new medium..."



The Artist expressing his feelings of his creation to the Chief Minister Lim Guan Eng.
















I am sitted in between two closest friends, on my right Hasnul Jamal Saidon, the Director of the Muzium Tuanku Fauziah, USM and on my left my good friend Lee Khai, a committee member of the Penang State Art Gallery and a lawyer.




















One of the practical students from Sabah having a workshop att the Muzium TF, USM.

The works of lee Kean Seng spanned over forty years and includes Printmaking, Sculptures and installations among other things and in this show a collection of 38 pieces of Litho prints dating between 1977 and 1978.


















The oppening was officiated by the Chief Minister Lim Guan Eng who gave an impressive speach of the need for the support of the Artist and Arts in general in Penang.

In 1977 I was doing my printmaking at the University of Wisconsin in Green Bay and my favourite was also Lithoprints, I was also doing etchings, Mezzotint, Monoprints and had produced more than I can remember the number of prints back then.

No comments: