Friday, April 24, 2009

When The Buddha Kicks back and relax

Who's the the lucky man? The naz decided to take Eli and i for a Thai dinner at the Madinat whre you have to take a boat to get to the restaurant. I wondered if they ever had guests falling over and having to be rescued out of the waters before they got to the place, what with all the drinking and so on.


The best deep fried shrimp wrapped in noodles was something out of this world and the rest was history. When you pay a price for the evening you expect the best and no less and the services at the Pat Thai Restaurant at the Jumeirah Madinat lived up to its standard in all respect, like four thumbs up for good food and dining.



Yep it is hard to digest that this is a scene from Dubai. One would think that i was in Bangkok or Chengmai. I got to watch out for those long nails!
But this is what the maktoum must have in mind when he decided that Dubai serves nothing but the best even if it is from foreign cultures. Most of the employees except for the chefs were Philipinos I found out but they were as equally charming and one could never tell the difference if they were Thais or not.






Oh what a life it is! Not too long ago I had to give up my lodging because I could not pay the rent in Penang. I was forced to beg and borrow from friends and relatives just to make sure my daughter had some money for her school needs and dumped my son Karim with his auntie and marissa with yet another, but.. hey such is the Buddha once said such Is. I am the elegant beggar a man with nothing to show for as so called successful men goes but I glad that I am able to enjoy life every once in a while and this makes it twice if not ten times more relishing than if I had been wealthy myself.





If all these are illusions then so be it as this ttoo will pass...but in the meantime, this Buddha is going to soak it all in with gusto! Three cheers for the needy and for the rich for it is all relative and a matter of being able to go with the flow and ride the waves of success and defeat without drowning in the process.





No comments: