Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Touching base with what Is.

Almost a month now that i have been here in Dubai and just like another fleeting dream another journey is about to come to a close. It is a dream of a traveller in seeking the fortunes of life far beyond the just material and emotional gains, it is the dream path of a seeker whose confusion and ignorance has lead him to undertake these journeys that his eyes may be opened and his heart may be broken. It is a path of unveiling the truths only the seeker can come to eventually comprehend for his own understanding and ultimately his own salvation. It is the journey towards The Lord of Power as that taken by master Muhyideen Ibni Arabi (May Allah bless his soul), a journey towards the Lord of Truth as that taken by the Sheikh Kadir al Jilani (May Allah protect his secrets) and it is the journey taken by Gautama The Buddha some two thousand six hundred years ago to attain towards the Liberation of His soul.

A few nights ago i sat alone facing the PC listening to "Amazing Grace" On the youtube, i listened to the song sung by just about everyone who sang the song from Willie Nelson to Eretha Franklin, and all the in betweens great singers.

"John Newton wrote the words to one of the most beloved hymns of all time between 1760 and 1770, while working as an evangelical pastor. Son of the commander of a merchant ship, Newton was captain of a slave ship for many years, until he underwent a dramatic religious conversion while steering his vessel through a storm.
Repenting and regretting the misery he had inflicted on the thousands of human cargo he had transported across the Middle Passage for many years, he devoted his life to the Church, and wrote the lyrics to many hymns which are still popular today.
In 1780 Newton left Olney to become rector of St. Mary Woolnoth, St. Mary Woolchurch, in London. There he drew large congregations and influenced many, among them William Wilberforce. Newton continued to preach until the last year of life, although he was blind by that time. He died in London December 21, 1807."


Amazing Grace (How sweet the sound)
That sav'd a wretch like me!
I once was lost, but now am found,

T'was Grace that taught...my heart to fear.
And Grace, my fears relieved.
How precious did that Grace appear...
the hour I first believed.

Through many dangers, toils and snares...
we have already come.
T'was Grace that brought us safe thus far...
and Grace will lead us home.

The Lord has promised good to me...
His word my hope secures.
He will my shield and portion be...
as long as life endures.

After listening and watching the performances by these greats in every style and in every places, especuially the one sanf infront of the President of the US, Barak Obama on his inauguration day in front of hundreds and thousands of people, I was moved. If only each and everyone of us could awaken to the words and its meanings regradless of who we are, that we may come to be a little more humble and less arrogant in dealing with our fellow man. That we may at least acknowledge of a higher authority than our puny human minds can ever come to comprehend that is dealing the cards for us regardles if we be kings or paupers, idiots or geniuses, black or white. Perhaps with this small realization we may come to understand ourselves better and our place among humanity, our roles towards our fellow man and worship less our personal egos and its crave for domination of the spirit.

The Greatest Miracle of the Century is at my fingertips! With this instrument I can reach out and touch each and every single internet user, well at least those who take the trouble to read blogs or own one, however the computer is what it is, a product of the Collective Mind of the Universe expressing itself in every possible form and subjects addressing each and every pressing issues faced by man, giving hopes and destroying them (when abused). This is only the beginning of the 'Real Cyberspace', the edge of the galaxy of the the collective spirit that is edgeing towards the center of humanity's conciousness, the center of 'our universe'. It is the journey that we are all taking, we are all seeking, that each and everyone of us has in one form or another arole to play no matter how small or significant for better of for worse so long as we are attached to this 'Univesal Life', breathing the same air and drinking the same water that has evolved on our planet.

If we deem ourselves free from any form of collective attatchment, that we are single and anwserable only to our personal 'selves', so bet it, it too is okay for there is no laws that say one has to or not except those laws that governs Nature. The law of nature is basic and simple, you breath the same air and drink the same water and are a product of the four basic elements you are subject to a certain irrefutable laws of nature. You are never free from this natural laws and these laws are univesal for all beings and no I am not going to ask you who created these laws. I am not going to subject myself to asking you who said you have to have this amount of water each day to live or that if you stop breathing you are dead. Nope, these simple truths your mind has been asking you since the day you could ask questions to yourself, like how come i got five fingers instead of six, wouldn't six be more efficient? Why must there be seven days in a week why not eight? Yes, you asked these questions in your head for lack of better things to do and its been there all along and there is nothing you can do to remove it but to find the answers for yourself, why me? Ultimately, who am I???

Personally, I am a man who at sixty is still without a home and my wife and children scattered all over and cared by others. 'I have squandered my resistance for a pocket full of marbles' as Bob Dylan wrote in one of his lyrics, today I am still lost in the dark wandering all over the world seeking for answers while making bwelieve that i have a goal in life. Truths be spoken are often painful and to reveal my inner being and my thoughts are even more so, it is like peeling an onion layer by layer in the effort to make sense out of non-sense. Failing to ahcieve any satisfirable answers i sought help from great teachings and worthy teachers of old and contemporary and read like an addict every form of materials from whatever sources i could lay my hands on that I may untangle the tangles. Still I am lost in the dark groping for what is and what should be or could have been for my mind is such that it has become addicted to contemplation for answers to what life is and what it meant to me, why am I alive in the first place and how can altruistically, I benifit my fellow man in being here other than occupying space, sucking up air and polluting up the waters around me.

The blog has become yet another tool fo me in my long search for answers just as the convenience of my son being an airline pilot has allowed yet another veneu to make travelling possible or at least cheaper. My life I have come to realize is more and more dependant on the 'Whole', I am as i set out to be, becoming a Universal Man. My thoughts are slowly but surely evolving towards merging with the collective thinking of 'Humanity' as my quests and the ups and downs are no less greater or smaller than that of the next man only through this 'Great Miracle of the Century' I am able to share them with the few that care or dare to wander into my domain. At the very least before I depart this stage i can say that i have lived life and was able to untangle some of its tangles that i have created along the way and in livng and in trying to understand my life i have come to understand who I am and my relationship to the rest of the Uiversal Mind at least those that are in tune with my frequency and channels of existance. This is the Cheeseburger Buddha having his small state of Satori as the dawn breaks over the city of Dubai in the Emerates.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you're in dubai? thats half the way i'd have to Malaysia, and with a little trying i could even efford it in a short amount of time...u think my big bro would mind meeting another part of his family?
would really like to finally meet and learn a bit from you...

(not to mention that visiting dubai sounds great;))

with a smile from swiss...
Timo

Anonymous said...

p.s. think my brother got a phone, right?

i'm feeling extremly nervous about that, as I'm always have to push myself into confrontations...but do you think you could leave me the number and talk to me for a few minutes (even so i'm not very good in speaking english...just not enough training...;))

(omg this feels like watching a spacerocket take off...wonder if if it'll do it>.<)

Timo

Anonymous said...

and as all good things come in packs of 3:

if you'd like to see some new photos of me, subscribe to facebook and add me to your friendslist (just search for timo abächerli;))
i'll add you as fast as possible

(oh and nevermind the party pictures of me different people added;D)

once again with no restrain...
Timo;)

Anonymous said...

6 am KL:
Read your Amazing Grace. Graceful indeed but I think around this time of the day cannot beat the simplicity and depth of :
subhanallah walhamdullillah walailahaillallahh huwallah huakbar
Wala haulawalakuwwatailla billah hilaliyulazim !

The most powerful statement on earth.

Pearls & Gem.