Thursday, January 08, 2009

Meeting of Great Minds

I ask myself what is the meaning of life all the time and when i meet those who demands straight answers I look deep within to answer all the questions raised with regard to my personal beliefs and practices throughout my life. Right and Wrong I still maintain is like the Buddha said, is a sickness of my own mind and only fools offer opinions and suggestions to questions that have no answers worth noting. I had a great dinner last night with a few very energetic and creative individuals who are the movers and shakers of this Island that I have been born and raised into. Their involvement in the shaping of the future development of this Island is evidently very influential and carries weight where decision makings are concern. as I sat listening to the conversation from across the table I realized that I am witnessing the sources of thoughts and ideas from where the shape and policies made with regard to the future fate of Penang would come from. Development, progress what is good for the State what is relevant and what is not physically or culturally, environmentally or even spiritually those present at the dinner table were in no small way responsible in making the difference.
I felt privillaged to be a part of this small group of thinkers and planners and the fact that I was even entertained with my own perception and opinion over matters that might affect the shape of things to come for this island that I love was in itself an honnor. I was among the decision makers the real ones who mattered in their own small ways for these are the ones who really makes things happen, whose heart is in the right place when it comes to the welfare and welbeing of the State of Penang. Where am I? i was invited to my friend Lee's house to have dinner along with a few others who were also invited along for a pleasant evening.
As often enough by the end of the evening I was spinning my yarn and fish tales about my past life experiences in Alaska and the things i managed to get myself into without regard for my own safety and well being when I was living abroad. I am becoming the entertainer and making others laugh at dinner tables and I am happy that I could be of such service to my hosts as what is my life if i could not share it even if it sometimes seem a little far fetched to those listening. However as i have always maintained there is a whole lot more to my stories than i dare write or tell and I do not need to exagerate for what I relate at dinner tables are things that I have gone through, experienced and tasted for better or for worse. My life at the end of the day is an open book just as my journals are manifestations of most of these events, captured and recorded for posterity, this is my Art. I record my life just as i am doing it at this very moment of putting it all in this blog.
A day the had began with a slow and unproductive pace had ended with a delightful evening spent among creative thinkers. A lady who came all the way from Thailand and who also does relief works in Miyamar after the recent natural disaster the country had suffered and another from London who studiesat cambridge and now doing her Phd. in History. Then there was also Ku Salma a lady who is a local of Nyonya heritage and who knows about this island and its stories better than any i know.

No comments: