Thursday, January 01, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!




What's a new year but the end of the old one and what's to be happy but not dwelling on the past negative experiences and honing upon what is positive that can be carried into the future. It is imperative that one reflect upon what had transpired in the past whole year on this date, upon what was the turning points in one's life and upon what was the lessons learned from the experiences one had. The people one has met and had the opportunity to learn a thing or two from, those who has accepted one as their friend in confidence and those who have spurn one as a charlattan or a natural born liar, those that had judged and those that had rewarded. Irregardless one has come to accept that life has to go on for one is still beathing and what's worse still writing this blog!

" A little nonsense now and then, is what the wisest men relish." Roald Dahl.??


The beginning of the year was as usual slow and a drag with the same old worries about what to do with my children and their future. In February of 2008 met with an American gentleman in his sixties who was from Aptos, California who had given me some hope about where my son could end up schooling if he decides to go to the US. But from then since there has been no more word from Gary. Then there was the election in the early part of the year the Barisan Natsional or coalition ruling party suffered a humbling loss which brought a few of the hard core in power position to their knees or ultimate eradication from the political scene. Welcoming some new ones mostly in the opposition camp does not gurantee anything as yet but it is in the hope burner.
I had a major auto accident which saw my small Kancil being sandwiched front and back and the fortunate thing was that my freind Sabastian from Brazil who was visiting me and I were not seriously injured. Sabastian was leaving for Brazil the next morning almost did not make it. My ca was the only victim among other five vehicles involved and I suffered the worse of the lot from all perspective legal as well as compensation. Again these are what is said to be part and parcel of life and as they say it in the States, 'Shit happens!"
The Solo Exhibition I had in August at the penang State Art Gallery, "Penang Heart and Soul" was a success as far as making money was concern and it helped to boost my moral as well. My trip to Java especially Bali and Jogjyakarta was the climax of my year for 2008 and all in all I should say I had a relatively good year. Accomplished what i set out to do and then some.
Getting in touch with my high flying son in Dubhai on a regular basis is one of the most blessed feeling I got on the emotional level and seeing my second son complete his secondary schooling is the other.
What lies ahead only Allah knows and to Him I surrender the future. I am now sitting after performing my subuh or morning prayer performed at the Masjid Kapitan Kling which is annexed to where I am and writng this entry, I have been here since three a.m. I have been given the keys to use the gallery whenever I wish to do my art and this too is His blessing. All I can say is Alhamdullilah! Thank you Lord for all the little favors granted despite my not being the best of Muslims.

No comments: