Monday, December 01, 2008

Shah Alam
















Arrived KLIA last evening after a two hour flight from Jogjya and was later picked up by my cousin and his family who true to his nature took us all to a seaside eating place at Pantai Lalang where they have the best seafood (Ikan Bakar). The trip back to KL took two hours but the trip back from the airport to Shah Alam took over four hours.
The flight from Jogjya was not full and so there was an open seat arrangement where you get to seat where you like. I always enjoyed the window seat and a young lady sat the aisle seat leaving the seat between us vacant. As the plane was taking off I noticed that she was in tears and thought nothing of it as she most probably was sad leaving someone behind and needed to let it out. A beautiful lady for sure and elegantlly dressed, it dont take one to be passionate about women to fall immediately in love with her in one's fantasy. Than she surprised me by shifting from her seat into the one next to me apologizing in the process telling me that she needed someone to talk to. She was travelling with her husband I learned and he was sitting in the back of the plane with his lover whom they had picked along their way to the airport. According to her this lady is a prostitute and was indecently dressed that her husband had to buy some new more decent cloaths for her to travel in.
After listening to her I felt very sorry for her and tried to comfort her the best I could not really knowing what to say or do in the situation. I told her to be patient and strong in facing this trial as she has two children to care for and that her husband may be a victim of some spell from the looks of things. I tried to make her feel better about herself and to pray for Allah's Mercy and protection as in any event she has to be strong and not become victimived any further by the whole matter. She was smiling when we parted and I felt like I have succeeded in giving her a sense of direction if not hope in facing her future. I had akso asked her to contact the Religious department for any legal assistance and to protect her financial future from being syphoned by her husband and his present mistress.
I was sent to the airport at Jogjya by Pa'Agus the designated hotel driver and we had lunch at the restaurant close by. For the first time I ate at a not so clean foodstall with flies having a go at the dishes before you got to it. But I was a little bit hungry and had three hour to kill before I get the next decent meal. From reading my previous blog entry one can tell that this is my second attempt at boarding the flight as my first attempt was on the 29th. by mistake!~! Yes I wasted time and money to get to the airport and found out that I was one day ahead of myself. Everyone at the hotel had a good laugh over it and I felt like an idiot. I boarded the wrong plane once on my flight to Denpasar and now this!! However to make up for it Pa'Antok the owner of the hotel made the best oxtail soup for dinner and his wife offered me a large bottle of Bintang beer as my going away present. I had a very pleasant conversation with Riyo San, Antok's wife and learned of her tragedy in life having lost her only son at seventeen in a motorcycle accident. Not all that we see is what it seems it is said and everyone has his or her grief to chew on and finally swallow. I have the loss of my wife to an incurable illness but she Riyo San, has lost someone that had meant the world to her. The lady on the plane is about to loose everything she had worked and cared for including her husband, home and children and there's not a thing I can do. One will never know the truth untill it allows itself to be known otherwise what one assumes or thinks is very seldom what it may seem and most of the time one leaves the scenes with one's own interpretation or perception of it rather than what it really is. However to learn of both sides of the truth is also as equally important in seeking to solve some else's problem.
Along this journey I have met with many people who are carrying out their karmic dues of one form or another myself included. The kids at the Handicap Center in Ubud and the young European couple travelling all over Java while the lady is sick and possibly in despair. And the destitute I find sleeping on the roadside in the walkways of Kuta and Ubud and the kids who boarded the busses en route from Solo to Jogjya with their home made musical intruments singing their hearts out to eck a few rupiah from the passengers, the Becak peddlers who loiter around hopelessly all day long waiting for their passengers. Life is suffering whether rich or poor there is one form of suffering or another in store for man, look deep enough and it pops up like a malignant tumor that is lying dormant just below the surface, hence we do our best never to judge from appearences alone. I have come to learn a great deal of humilty and understanding while travelling for the last three weeks in Java. And now that I am back on my own soil I feel a whole lot more relieved at what I have and I thank the AlMighty for everything that He has blessed me with.
AlhamdulliAllah.

No comments: