Friday, November 21, 2008

The Cure for Sleeplessness

My good friend and supporter LeeKhai the extrodinary guy who has the tenacity of a lawyer and the gentleness and compassion of an artist. We struck off as friends out of the blue afterhe saw my exhibitions and eversince had been a great financial supporter as well as promoter and motivator for me and many other Penang artists.



Could not sleep last night for obvious reasons, a little worried perhaps ove ther fact that I might be stranded cashwise here so I did the next best thing I decided to do a comic story of my own and i did lasted till sunrise. I will devulge the story line here but surfice to say it take place in Ubud, Bali. A little sex, a little romance, a little horror, a little myth/magic and culture all wrapped in one and when turned into a movie will cover just about every possible ingredient in movie making as it will take place in one of the world most magicl place left yet. Funny how my mind got carried away after started with the first scene I could not stop and i sketched some fifteen pages in my little sketch book bought in Ubud. Comic or the art of Manga has always fascinated me and I know i can be good at it and it would be good too as paintiung is becoming a cliche, and after having bombarded all kinds of works of art in the streets of Ubud I am more convinced now that i will embark on comic making.
My son called just now and a whole piece of dark cloud tha had humg over my head was lifted and I thank the AlMighty for His grace. I was beginning to feel like he did not care or too busy to check his email. However it seems like I have not been receiving his mail for some odd ball reason. Lee Khai gave up most probably on trying to figure out what Western Union is and have not called but I tried...that's what friends are for to ask and to give whatever and however you can when in times of need. If you dont need what the hell do you need to ask for anyway? Dato' R does not even answer the phone calls I tried to him, if i am in a fix he will be the last to know!! There is no written rules in a gentleman's agreement or understanding and a man's handshake is worth more than his words in the old days, but these are not the old days!! Trust dont come easy and confidence in one another's capacity to prevail much less. The sense of judgement and accusation is readily available anywhere and with anyone but to have faith in your fellow human is a commodity now becoming a rare trade.
I am now an artist and I can now safely declare this. I have done what not many can do or will do as an artist save for the few who had left their homes and families is search of the unknown, taking the risk of life itself as a bargaining chip to earn the right of passage to become a so called bonafide artist. Before i was just straddling the fence but now if I shit on a cavas InShaa'Allah it will be framed and hung on the wall when I am dead and gone! I saythis not out of asense of arrogance but but a deep committed feeling that had long been abstaining from exposing myself as an artist or whatever that i am or striving to become before the final cut.
I am a proud father to four children and if no one else belief in me I have four of them to at least give a sense of justification for my ups and downs and just what the hell was my life all about to begin with. I have always maintained that life is to be lived to the max! Buddha said in this life dont waste time! I have tried to make my life as exciting as I could whether is good times or bad and i have always believe that in my life I am the Hero, the character the player the performer and not the audience! Most of the stories I have written down in my blog sofar are watered down version of what truelly happened only out of a sense of decency and respect for the Internet and Blogging community. This medium that i am now expressing myself while sitting in this little Hotel in Jogjakarta is testimony to the greatness of the AlMighty in getting man to come together in a Universal brotherhood of Man and of Understanding. This is the Univesal Mind at work for what it is worth. For those wise enough to have embarked upon the Internet and all its capabilities it is like being on the ark of human conciousness and it is all at the tip of your finger wherever you are. This Is A Miracle.

No comments: