Saturday, November 22, 2008

Another block to stumble upon






Today headed for the Post office to try and claim my money from my son sent through Western Union but to my disappointment discovered that the number my son had given me the night before did not match and so no go!. I was down like a pile of shit after having such high hopes of being able to continue my trip into the Javanese landscape of The Borobudur areas.
And wouldn't you know it, even as just I was finishing the last sentence i received a call from my son and guesse what I got the first digit on the series of ten nubers wrong!! End of that delima and a whole lot more. So to,orrow being a Sunday it will be hard to get the money out too but...hey man proposes and the AlMighty disposse and all for a reason known known and unknown, and I am a believer.
Last night was a special night as I was invited to spend the evening together with the owners of the hotal anf their group of friends for dinner and jamming session. I was blown out impressed by the guitar playing and singing put on by just aabout everyone of the guest who were mostly artists of one form or another. Jose a long haired batik painter invited me to visit his studio and he was a mean singer and on the guitar. Kansas, played beautiful Javanese protest songs which got me and offcourse me, who copuld after all these years master only one song on the guitar had to give my famous version of the House Of The Rising Sun by The Animals. I was a hit no doubt as I gave it all I had and being the only song I mastered it was a masterpice of a performance..Hee..hee!
The Ary's Hotel gracious wife who is a Japanese is a very lively person full of energy and like most Japanese very creative. Her husbnd Atok is a quiet man but one can tell like quiet water, runs deep. As an artist he has a ready made studio gallery as the whole place is filled with his works which are mostly abstract but more pleasing than most i have seen. I met Jenny, an English lady friend of the Owner's wife and had a good rapport with her too. She teaches English in an Indian Madrasah (small mosque) as a volunteer and presently on vacation. We were later joined by three Dutch who were just and lively after having reruned from somewhere out for the evening. I discovered the 62 year gentleman is a marathon runner and had run th new York marathon and a fe wothers and he looked it. By the time we got to know one another they wanted to learn about meditation from me and I became the Guru...do something often and long enough you will end up a master!

No comments: