Wednesday, July 23, 2008

I am a 'Blogger head'






I have been messing around with the blogg trying to get some decent sketches and drawing into the blogs as I had originally intended but so far my effort has been slow in coming. This blog was originally intended to include my daily works of art in any form albeit drawings painting or just photo shots I had taken. However due to my computer ignorance I have failed this more valuable part of the blog. Without the pictures it is just a boring piece of routine day to day moan and groan of life minus the excitement. I am still hunting around for someone who can really assist me in understanding how to get the pictures to my works down but in the meantime suffice it is with whatever i can accomplish on my own by trial and error.
In a few days my solo wexhibition at the Penang State Art Gallery will come to a close and I am glad that it will be over as I cannot afford running up and down trying to get things done at my own expense and sad to say that for lack of support. I am proud however that I even managed to get this far, having my face on a banner at the Dewan Seri Pinang Antrance to the Gallery and appearing in two news papers and a magazine. This my publicity stunt for the promotion of my works into the future. They are beginning to know who I am in the art scene and if I do get someone telling me that i need to asdvertise myself to sell my works, I can tell them to take a leap of faith into the Sungai Pinang River.

I woukld like to believe that everything i had done, have been doing and am doing has been preplanned in my Mind whether concious or unconciously. I feel this more eversince i had decided to keep the on going artistic journal of my life and careers, my experiences and accomplishments. This has no intention for self agrandizement but just another form of documentary Artistic presentation as an Art for Art's sake with a meaning attached, some goals or intention set into motion since its inception. The Cheeseburgerbuddha (CBB) is my alter-ego sometime taking the role of a devil's advocate and sometimes being a casula observer of life itself of what is happening in the world, the nation, the village where i am. The CBB observes with a sense of detached involvment or WU-Wei as the Zen Masters of old would have put it. Picking the Lotus so to speak, without getting the fingers wet. Living on the periphery of society, being the watcher the onlooker and making carefull documentation without fear or favor, bias or prejudiced and at the same time seeking for possible answers and solutions towards that which need assitance or ease of pain and suffering, a kindly word or a viable idea, a song or a sketch that evokes a smile, nothing very special in what I do just merely being a Cheeseburger buddha making sense out of non-sense.

CBB is my looking at my life and life in general with a sense of humor keeping my own sanity intact despite all the horrendous pains and suffering I see happening around me locally as well as Globally. I want to deperately believe that perhaps things are only happening within my own small mind and when I exit this life it will end but my obeservation of life thus far refuses me this dellusion, Iran will have her Nuclear weapon just like the rest of the Nuclear powers and Tibet will continue on being oppressed and suck dry of her spirituality by the Chinese government. Somalia and Sudan will go on with life as usual where millions are facing hunger and starvation and the US will lead the rest of the world into the unknown future where electric fences and barb wires will be a natural sight along every borders on the world despite our day and age of information technology. Here at home the country will go on with politics being dragged into the mud by minds incapable of reigning in their egotistical urges while in power all at the expense of the man on the street all in the name of 'the law' and with 'God' on their side.

What can I do to help make changes happen for the better, that this nation and her people can go on existing without the urge to commit suicide due to depression or despair? What can an artist do as an artist other than have his solo exhibitions and getting his name in the Who is Who or the local Media? These are legitimate questions that CBB eversince he was discovered some twenty odd years ago in the Town of Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA, has been grappling with without getting over presumptuous or sanctimonious about the whole thing. Through his Art, his writings, his singing and what everelse that he does as his form of self expression while he is loitering around on thwis plane before death catches up with him. It is a form of self justification as some wise men would accuse him but heck if it is, so what? It is better to try and justify one's exitance than never to make any effort even to understand why one is alive in the first place!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well written article.