Saturday, May 24, 2008

What's Happening?

I have been taking it easy or kind of forced to be laid back due to the lack of transportation and financial constraints, hence my long break from updating my blog. i know i am writing pretty much to myself like most who began keeping a blog years back, however i find the exersise pretty rewarding especially in my ability to type out the words alot faster than i used to and with lesser and lesser errors in spelling and gramar. I enjoy getting my thoughts across the net zone into the no man's land of universal consiousness ans sometimes when someone writes a response it is a pleasant surprise. Yes I do miss writing for the last few weeks and i do feel guilty for not keeping my blog updated.

Much of my time is spent at home hanging out with my two children mostly watching DVDs movies a few of them for the sixth or seventh time while at the same adding a bad influence on my son who has become a DVD addict, but i dont really mind as i much rathe he becomes a movie eddict than a dope addict and he is with me at home most of the time. My daughter has got the book reading bug just like her dad and is often in her room buried in some novels, thank God! I have stopped worrying too much about their future as i am beginning to see that their future is where they are at and it ain't too bad. By my being able to hang out with them most of the time I am beginning to see the wisdom of what it means to spend quality time with the kids although quality time is relative to each parent and i do it my own way mostly teaching and preaching, nagging and bribing, threatening and awarding accordingly. I find the most effective lesson is that I set the example by living my life as i choose to and they are welcome to pick up on what or how i deal with my life. Not all that i do may be examplary but I do my best to become a good role model to my children.

The last few weeks deprived of my car due to the accident has allowed me some time to be away from my on going art projects at the University Gallery and this is good because i was running out of enthusiasm and original ideas. I have opted to focus my mind on enhancing my spiritual practices and getting to know myself up close and peronal in relation to my Creator. Alot of Zikhr and meditation and attempts at fulfilling my five times a day of solat or obligatory prayers. Staying up most nights reading or meditating and performing the sunat or tahjut prayers I find myself feeling a little less rattled by what life is dishing out at me and my family. It is okay! It could be worse but thank the AlMighty that we are not in Miyammar or the earthquake region in China, or we could have been Afganistan or the hot spots in the middle east or Africa!...nope, we are in Malaysia where the weather is getting all ixed up and the biggest concern right now is that the Durian trees are not producing like they should this year and the biggest national concern is that Dr. M has left the UMNO party because 'they will not listen to his words anymore'. Malaysians are being entertained by by an ongoing politcal drama played by all the political leaders who has anything or nothing to contribute towards the nation's wellbeing while the food prices are rising and country is facing an economic woes ahead. In other countries famous actors like Philipine's Ex President Estrada, or Arnold Schwartzenegar the Governor or California becomes political heads while in Malaysia political leaders are becoming characters for the 'Bangsawan' or Soap operas.These days there are a great deal of opposition and alot less propositon and it seems like the country is becoming one big stage production where the actors and directors cannot get their acts together.

The common folks in the meantime are getting sucked into the production like unpaid extras watching form sidelines how their favorite heroes and villains fare out in this whole mess. The poor and the needy will have to wait for the curtains to be raised and the play finally being figured out as to who does what and gets what done. The Malaysian Political scene is a thing of beauty as far governments goes as very few governments in the world has such intricate combination of scenarios being put to play out. Racial, religious, cultural and a latest addition of the rulers and their parts is now a part and parcel of the script. Then there are the scandals and the corruptions, the disgruntled and the opportunists who are waiting for their turns to take a bite at the present ruling party. In all this there stands the PM always with his innocent doleful smile taking all the punches left and right with the patience and perseverence of the Prophet, Pak lah will always be my hero, he is my Mr.Deeds and Bill Gates, he is the Mahatma and Nelson Mandella all roled into one. Pak Lah is not a weak manager or CEO but hes has very poor and non functioning entities behind him in whom he has mistakenly laid his trust. Those who he has trusted has sold him out honoring their own selfish intrests and not carrying out his mandates as he had envisioned when he took over the role of the PM. So, please people stop blaming the man! He is only one man and he believed in himself but he also had to believe in those he had chosen to work under him and they let him take the fall for a failed election why?
Take a closer look I say at all those fingers pointing at this man especially the longest and oldest finger or the former PM is it clean? Is he so confident in his righteousness that he is ready to meet his Maker and declare that he is right and that Pak Lah should step down like He says? Who does he has in his mind to take over as the next PM? The present DPM another very clean figure with no skeletons to hide in his sarong? Or the former DPM the avenging angel waiting in the dackground for the moment to step into the limelight and take his proper place as the nations leader yet another squeky clean character with charisma and all. With all due respect towards all these characters I still believe Pak Lah for all his accused of weaknesses, is still lesser of all the evils that are prowling within and without the Parliament building. I trust in him because they say he is weak and I trust in him because he is naive and innocent in many ways I'd much rather trust a man I can predict than those that are too embroiled into themselves that it is hard to figure out what the hell they are thingking or up to.
if there is any change to be made I hope Pak Lah will continue on to weed out all those characters who are not performig to his expectations and the Nation's interest even those from within his own team especially those within his own team, even if it means sacking his own son in law if need be. Most of the weeding is already done for him in the past election and the thorns in his side were mostly removed by the people's choice but there are still those that are hiding behind his leniency and gentle character and thes whoever they are are more dangerous than the opposition leaders. The people still love Pak Lah, in the coffee shops and the streets but they want to see him put down his foot a little harder so that it can reverberate across the Parliamentary floor. Bring the curtain down Pak lah it is time and the hell with being right or wrong just act out what your heart feels the people will be right behind you and they matter more than those who are closest to you in the cabinet.

I shook Pak Lah's hand bwefore he became the PM in Kuala trengganu when along with Dato Idris Jusoh and Dato'Zainol Ariff were delivering their first meet the people address at the Primula Hotel. The first question asked of him was, "Pak Lah, Orang melayu Pulau Pinang tak boleh nak jage macham mane nok jage orang Melayu Trengannu?" Or Pak Lah, if you cannot take care of the malays in Penang how do you expect to take care of the Trengganu Malays? All three panelists were dumpstruck by the rudeness and the blunt truth of the question and i stood to answer the question just to save their faces and break the ice. Today as i had shaken the man's hand before i still feel like he is and ok guy but he needs all the help he can get and help is not what he is getting as most of those whose swore to carryout his mandates are wolves in sheepskins taking advantage of a sincere and honorable character. May Allah rolong his status and may Hu help him to deliver this nation is her troubled times.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have read a few of the articles on your website at this very moment, and I definitely like your tastefulness of blogging. I added it to my favorites web page file and will be checking assist soon. Divert report register out of order my put as approvingly and let me be familiar with what you think. Thanks.