Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The Heart is a Lonely Hunter


Being without the car is a pain in the butt and what is more frustraing is the fact that alot has to be done in view of my upcoming shows. I was dropped off at the Penang Library this mornig by my cousin Ahmad Kalam and and by noon i had manged to install all my works for the continuing one man show here. I had my smaller prints and water colors set up a few eeeks ago here but last Sunday i had to borrow them for a dya for the Little Penang Street Market event where fortunately i managed to sell four pieces to my Art gallery owner friend Lee Kai who owns the Alpha Utara Gallery here in Penang. With the four pieces sold I felt a great relief as my next month budget is met with, rent and car payment at least taken care of. I have tried to minimize my basic needs as much as possible although i am still not good at saving where food is concern especially for my children. I remember my mother's advice one day when she told me that is is alright to spend money on food if you can afford it eat well.
yes my car is still at the mercy of the Chinese mechanics and the insurence adjusters, I am suffering while they are wheeling and dealing on how much they can make out off my miseries. Damn them! Dont ever become a victim of an accident in this country or you will suffer to no end while the vultures pick you to pieces. This is my way of letting off some steam because i am not looking forward to the prospect of having to walk from here at Scotland road all the way to the closest bust stand which is most probably at Dato' Kramat Road somewhere. I could call my cousin Md.Kalam to come and pick me up but i hate to be such a burden on him all the time even though he has never said no...I am tired.
It was a pleasant surprise yesterday when my daughter gave me a book on Sufi Healing by Shaykh Hakim Moinuddin Chishti a book she told me a friend of mine had given her for me to read. My friend is a very relifious man who wears the white garb of pious Muslim and his forehead idicates that he has been doing alot of praying from the calouses. He is far from an extremeist and carries on a good converstaion especially on Islam, I enjoy listening to his lecttures and i have learned alot of new lessons while kept reminded some of those that i have already knew. It is indeen strange that such well learned and enthusiastic characters just pops out of the blue and become one's guide for the moment of need. Here is something that I thought I'd share with those who are still taking peeks at my ramblings from the book which I am now reading.
" The Philos of Sufism is best summed in the words of the final Khutbah (sermon) of Hazrat Khwaja Mu'inuddin Chishti a month before he passed away...

Love all and hate none.
Mere talk of peace will avail you naught.
Mere talk of God and religion will not take you far.
Bring out all of the latent powers of you being
and reveal the full m,agnificience
of your immortal self.
Be surcharged with peace and joy.
And scatter them wherever you are
and wherever you go.
Be a blazing fire of truth,
Be a beautious blossom of love
And be a soothing balm of peace. With your spiritual light,
dispel the darkness of ignorance;
dissolve the clouds of discord and war
and spread goodwill, peace and harmony among the people.
Never seek any help charity or favors
from anybody except God.
Never go to the courts of Kings, but never refuse to bless and help and bless the needy and the poor,
the widow and the orphan, if they come to your door.
This is your mission, to serve the people...
Carry it out dutifully and courageously,
so that I, as your Pir-o-Murshid,
may not be ashamed of any shortcomings on your part
before the Almighty God and our holy predecessors
in the Sufi order
on the day of Judgement.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Does your car insurance drop once you turn twenty-five? If that is so, exactly how much...?