Friday, February 08, 2008

The Law of Success

Found a copy of the book sitting among some items that looked like there were meant to be discarded after a spring cleaning jodb at my cousin's and started readng it, became engrossed and stuck with it. Napoleon Hill's book The Law of Success is like the Bible of 'How To"s a motivational work for those who are not too late to try for the moon. So ar what I have read has been most exhilerating and refreshing for me like a sort of the coming together of my own life's practices being put together in a more organized and analytical manner. Having just read the first hundred pages I have been able to indentify the parrelels o what I have put into motion some o the practices mentioned some thrity odd years ago when I was irst introduced to the book 'The Master Key'. In this book the key word used is the 'Master MInd' which is the prime focus of the whole process in the book.
The scientific analytical approach of the Law of Nature and the Law of Physics which started off the book helped me to better undrstand my own personal practice o 'autosuggestion' based on the teachings of Raja Yoga which suggested that "I am the master of my thoughts and consiousness, I am the master o my body speach and mind etc..... I command the elements, electrons, atoms, cells etc. that makes up this physical body to recharge..regenerate..etc. I have been doing this or years because i understood it way back when I first read it while living in Alaska and has eversince become a par o my Mantra beore sleeping everynight. Now with this new source of inormation I am more fully convinced that I had stumbled upon a good practice. It is uncanny that I shpould come by upon this book at a time when I was looking for something to read or do to get out of a state of mental letargic, I was looking or something to get me out of a rut and there it was!
Perhaps millions o people had read this great work o mapping the route or human succes and I just did not know about it like a great best seller that escaped ones reading list. I believe in right timing in all the events in my life as I believe that when the fruit is ripe will it fall to the ground and this work has arrived in my hands at the right moment in time like it is supposed to. To discover such a piece of work where it had been laying was in itself a curious occurence as there is only my cousin who is an Insuarence salesman who would most likely be the one who would read such a book and basically or the better approach to a better salesmanship. For me the book I amsure will have alot much more to offer as it is like a spiritual guide for anyone with an analytical thinking mind maintaining a good balance between what is scientiic and what is spiritual.I will continue on to enjoy this new find and see what great wisdom it will devulge urther down the pages.

It Chinese New Year and the Rat is in the picture ater the departure o the monkey and what has the Feng Shui masters got to say? I hope for a greater year than the last just like everyone else and am looking forward to ffinishing my hundred feet long sketching of the 'Heart and Soul of Penang'. It will be exhibited at the Penang State Art Gallery sometime in July, so I have aew months yet to work on it. Thus far I am quite content with what I have done and I have found that the use o charcoal as my primary medium is enjoyable and seems to work out fine, only it gets a little messy sometimes as I am a careless worker.
The paper itself was given to me by the former Dean of School of Fine Arts at USM, Proessor Najib who is now the Director of the National Art Gallery in KL. It was just before he left o take up his new appointment that we had a lunch together at one of the Nasi Kandar Restaurant and he offered me the paper to work with. The idea was to do sketching the way I had been doing depicting scenes and buildings of the the Island as I see it. Today after I had found out how long a roll the paer really is I realize that it was a challenge that he had set for me and I intend to give it the best of my ability and enjoy the look on his ace when he comes to officiate the openning. Whether he can make it or not is yet to be seen however the dye is cast and I am half way through the roll aleady. Who knows what the year o the rat has in store for me but I know one thing and that is this year I will have my solo show at the state gallery and it will be the talk of the city.

No comments: