Tuesday, February 26, 2008

The Dam broke loose



Yesterday I received three emails that brought tears of joy in me as they each carried three positve messages that touched my heart in the deepest corner of my being. I read the first which was from the Penang State Art Gallery telling me that the Director of the National Art gallery in KL has agreed to officiate the oppenning of my Solo Exhibition in July. This news brought about an impetus towards my effort to complete my long scroll sketches which has been dragging in coming to fruition for the last few weeks. The second was from my son the fly boy who has been silence for quite sometime the last few months and got me a little worried. He has his excuses but having received words from him he is alright and has not given up on his Dad has given me a great sigh of relief. Although we have not seen eachother for more then ten years now I still miss him everytime I open my email hoping that there there will be his usual two liners waiting for me like a shot of 'tongkat Ali' to make my day. It is good to know every once in awhile that your son really cares about you even if you have not been there for him a greater part of his life.
The third I read was a real pleasant surprise as it was from a total stranger who had happened to have read my Rambblings of the Cheeseburger Buddha Blog. This young lady I had just found out in today's email about how old she might be, wrote me a lovely letter that had raised my hopes and aspirations and that I am not fumbbling around in the dark all by myself. I had reached out for help in the past and a few friends from the States and Japan had reciprocated in kind which was the extent of my 'experiment' in life of human nature, the test proved both positive and negative. I received some financial support from people who were closest to me, who believed in me and son and I was accused of bring shameless and short of a bum by one or two anonymous friends who left a juicy criticism of my moral decadence in my blog. I am still experimenting with my life testing all possibilities making right and wrong choices knowingly and ready for their repercussions, but these moves ares till my testing ang proving that there is hope and there is compassion, there is light and there darkness, there are those who genuinely care and there are those who assume the worse rather than lend a helping hand or offer a word of kindness instead of a kick in the butt when you are down.
The crow was a subject of study while living in Japan

This young lady's email letter was written so well and tactfully offering me help towards any future need for my children's education broke my heart into tears and I was sobbing for the first time in a long time for all the three positive news I had received in one morning. Allah's greatest gift to His servant is the beggar at the door; I read this somewhere and till this date i have assumed myself a beggar testing Allah's servants and every once in awhile I find a pleasant surprise that there are those whose faith in their fellow beings is still genuinely intact, they are ready to lend a helping hand unconditionally when the needy knocks at their door. Then there those who judged and criticize a whole lot more than they afford to do in easing the the pain or burden in others and these I have found through my personal experiment with all those I had held my out to. Then there are those who I had avoid asking from and they who are aware with plight, directly or indirectly as they are by birth the closest to me , these I avoid on grounds of no comments but they too are a part and parcel of my on going observation of life. The stranger out of the blue is often times much more closer to you than your kith and kin will ever be even if blood is thicker than wine.

No comments: