Thursday, January 03, 2008

HAPPY NEW YAER!

This is my second try at writing my new year resolution and also bidding the past year bye bye. The first lengthy entry was wioed out when I tired to have it published! Damn internet! Just when Iw as able to write a whole more meaningful and positive finale for the past year it just wnet up in smokes. Anyway todat the Ch'ng Huck Meng Solo exhibition was just launched by the Vice Chancellor and there was a good turn out. I am working on my project of sketching the longest piece of paper I have ever worked on depicting life and buildings around the Island of Penang, and so far I think I have sketched about forty feet of the paper already.
I have a few minutes before he closing of the Muzium Gallery and so I thought i'd try again to recap what I lost yesterday about the New year. O7 was a roller coaster ride for me with my ego getting bashed in left and right as i was not able to make ends meet ofeten times. This was good for me as I needed these humbling experiences as they are good for my character building as I grow older. I am mostly thankful that my health has been good except for a bout of flu once or twice throughout the year. I am also thankful that i had been able to be productive and had my Second Solo Exhibition in Penang at the Gallery Tuanku Fauziah, USM and then later two one day shows at the Little Penang Street sales which earned me some income enough to cover the cost of my children's needs for their school.
There were moments when I doubted my Creator and myself when things got a little too unbearable but I am grateful that they passed without me loosing too much of my self esteem or stagnated in despair. I had made saveral new acquaintances with whose help and moral and spiritual support I have been able to face my trials and tribulations. my friend Hasnul and members of the Muzium Staff has been ever kind and generous in their tolerance and acceptance of my precence here. I have been very fortunate to be able to utilize the facility here at no cost and with alot of support which reminded me of my three years spent at the Miyagi MUzium of Fines Arts in Sendai, Japan. I guese there many things i am to be grateful for in my life and by right there should be no cause for complains.
I have made it through the year without too much bruises to my body except some to my pride and my ego and this i realize i fully deserve. I have been complacent and at times made judgemental errors towards life as being too much suffering but on looking back the past whole year of07 I see that things could have been alot worse. For one thing i am very glad that i decided to start depending on my artistic talents rather than work for someone else to earn my living;its not easy but I feel more satisfaction even when the times gets rough. I know that from now on my livlihood depends on how I do as an artist and there is no one to tell how or what to do with my time. I enjoy the hours i have regulated for myself in order to accomplish as much as i possibly could in achieving maximum productivity towards my creative endeavors. Having and not having money will always be an issue which I will have to face just like any other Tom ,Dick and Mary, but in this I trust my Maker to provide as i have done my work. Day and night i spend my time creating, painting, sketching writing and finding ways and means to sell them and this has proven often times adequate, I hope it gets better as time goes on and that the year ahead will have better financial hold for me.
Emotionaly and spiritually I am still at ground zero, but my meditation practices and my Zikhr has progressed towards fruition as I feel better about myself and connected to the whole alot more than before. I am able to see mylife in a whole lot more positive light and that greater things lay in store for me this year ahead as it is my year, the Year of the Rat!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!! to all you ghosts out there who are crazy enough to have read my ramblings thus far!! I LOVE YOU.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is so seldom that I write New Year resolutions because all of them go up in smoke within the first week when I have to adapt to school again.

Terribly late with the comment, but HAPPY NEW YEAR and good luck to you!

Cara