Saturday, October 27, 2007

Sketches Of Life


My solo exhibition at the USM Muzium Gallery is coming to an end ironically it had a great turnout but it was mostly school children by the bus loads. It is what I had intended for the show and sure enough due to the exams and so on at the schools it is also time for school trips for most. Most of the kids breezed through the exhibition hardly noticing what was on the walls, however there the few that sat and listened and browsed through my sketch books asking questions. I did not sell any which is too bad but got a great review from the Chairman of the MUzium of Penang the man who officiated the launching of my show and from most of my fellow artists.I have been spending most of my days at the Gallery making sure that nothing happens to my journals and at the same time entertain any guest intrested enough about my works to sit and talk.
Most of my intentions in having the show has been fulfilled especially in being able to share with the school children, getting one more major solo exhibition under my belt, getting the attention of the University faculty members and most of all producing some new works for the show. Now I have to figure out whay next till my next event which will be in April of next year. It is my desire to travel to Cambodia and spend sometime there doing my art however with the lack of sales I am not going to be able to make it, I am lucky if i could pay my reant next month. So here we go again the financial woes, die if you do and die if you dont. The Education department is knocking on my door again and this time its through my daughter's school. They are starting off by accusing my daughter that her American passport is expired and that I too should provide my identification card copy to varify that I am truly a Malaysian citizen, in short, come and see us mister! I cannot understand why they have given up harrasing my son's school about it and I dont think I want to know. What is going to happen at the end of the day only the AlMighty knows.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello, dear sir.

You may remember my friends and I from the art exhibition this morning at USM. I was the girl who asked if I should draw what the teacher wanted or what I wanted. You in turn, responded that I should do both and I am glad that you did for this piece of advice has inspired me to live a little better to find out who I am. Thank you very much for that useful bit of advice!

And also, your exhibition was one of it's kind. I have never seen such lovely artworks that has so much life in it. Thank you for sharing your work and talent with us. For that, I am very grateful. If opportunity comes knocking, I shall be sure to attend another one of your wonderful exhibitions.

You would see my around here more, since I love reading blogs and yours inspire more than anything I've read before. And I shall be sure to comment with my thoughts!

Until your next post!

Phaik Chern