Saturday, June 30, 2007

Fasting from smoking

This will be my third day of no cigarette and it is doing wonders to my head and not to mention the rest of my body. Perhaps it has nothing to do with smoking that my neck has a kink in it and I am having the dambdest pain in the neck. Oh well lets see how long I can go without smoking and what good does it do inside out,and thanks to the sales office PC I have been able to spend sometime writing and killing time which otherwise would have been devoted to simply sketching with pen and ink on recycle papers of two years ago Buffet Ramadan brochures. I started sketching on the back these brochures almost two years ago when I found out that the management was getting rid of a pile of untouched brochures which were no more valid as their function was over. The size and the quality of these papers were just good enough for me to scribble away to my hearts content and soon I found that I had a few hundred sketchings done of everything and anything that came across my visual taste to be sketched. At my first solo Exhibition at the ABN AMRO- USM Gallery in May of 2005 I displayed some 65 pieces of these sketches. A chinese docteor asked how much I would sell each and I told him 25Ringgit (RM) each and then he asked how much for the whole set and I told him I had to calculate which I found out about RM1200 worth. Th Doctor offered to 1000RM for the lot and did not hesitate to sell,now there is a Chinese doctor somewhere in town thw is a proud owner of some 60 odd pieces of Bahari's original sketches done on back of a recycled paper.
Oh well now the USM muzeum wants me to do a show at their premises too and possibly with the same theme and who knows they might be interested to own my works too. And so I am busy producing more sketches on the very same papers whatever is left of the same brochures for my next show at the USM. How I wish I could reproduce all the sketches on to this blog pages to make it more interesting for my readers if there is any out there. Too bad I am not savey in getting this done on my own as I am slow still when it comes to utilizing the computer I am still an ignoramus. I did try to get my works installed into the blog when I started off with the Ramblings while living in Kuala Terengganu and hanging out among a few computer whizzs at a syber cafe in Gong Badak area. After investing time and money in the project now I am still not any closer to getting a decent Web Page nor a decent blog, such Is! What happened? Oh well got to talk to the man himself if you want to know at the score is as he is the master when it comes to computers and programming them my friend Fazli Mubin had my vote of confidence and for three years I hung out with him hoping that I could get something out of his expertise to continue on my works into its next stage but alas! But hell I st8ill have faith in him and he is not going to up and disappeare from the face of the earth and even if he does he would still be visiting the Net every now and then and perhaps even pop into my blog and read this.!
When I started off with this blog it was with the idea that my art works would balnce off with my boring ramblings. My sketches and drawings, my paintings and photograph were to be a crucial part of the blog, after all this blog is all about an artist's life not merely of someone who wishes to offload his crap on a daily basis so the rest of the computer literate world can read it. My primary intention was to somehow share an experience of a life of an artist as he faces life's trials and tribulations and how it affects his sense of creativity at the same time or as the late Trungpa Rnpoche would have put it. how he churned all the crap he finds in his life and turned them into manure or food for his creations.
I have used every so often the analogy of the night soil carrier in the past depicting a philosphy of turning shit into money or food the ultimate in the recycling process, The night soil carrier in his daily vocation turning shit into wealth and health.

No comments: