Thursday, May 24, 2007

Those who really cares in your life

My elder sister came for a visit and left a couple of days ago. I have two sisters and she is the older one. her husband passed away saveral years ago he was the guy who set up a bakery shop, one of the few original ones in Kuala Terengganu and was originally from Islamabad in Northern India. My sister is one of those peopl in my life that has been most supportive and compassionate towards my family eversince we came to this country from Japan.
Today although with the departure of her husband she has found a little peace and time on her hand she is however still carrying a few dead albatroses hanging on her back and one of them is my drug addicted nephew whose bad choise of lifestyle had caused untold miseries for my sister and most probably contributed greatly towards his father's demise. The state government is requisition part of the land where her house stands to make way for the highway and is squeezing every cent they could from the actual cost of reimbursement or compensation for the land. These are a few of the things that she has to deal with before she too join her husband and i can see that if she has the choice she would have quit this life herself for all that it is worth.
A friend of mine and artist in San Francisco is sending me some art materials simply because he is an artist who saw my works and loved them for what they were and for the past twenty odd years he has kept knocking on my door to make sure that i am still sketching and painting. Richard S. is a great artist in his own right in the San Francisco Bay Area and has a heart of gold to boot. We were neighbors sometime in the early Nineties living on 2nd Avenue and Balboa in the Richmond District of SF. Richard in my book is one of the best Illustrator and a very disciplined artist who knows what he wants and where his talents lies. As he very much picks and chooses his friends I am very fortunate to have met and made his acquaitences over the years.
There ar a few people in my life who are still of keeping in touch with me through the Net from SF and Sendai in japan and they are like my extended family, the brothers and sisters I never had. Tomy Nagai Roeth and family and Emi Yanagisawa and family, Masaharu Tsubaki and family, Mohammad Rafi and family in Kuala Terengganu and Raof Rakinan and family in Kuala Lumpur to name a few. Our lives has touched eachother's in more than one ways and we have shared both the happy and sad times the good and the bad times and we have watched our children grow while we join the ranks of the elderly. All in all I must say that I have had some great times in my life and dare say too that more so than most in the United States and Japn and here in Malaysia but without the love and care of the few who mattered it would not have been possible.
I write today for those whose lives has touched mine and mine theirs for better or for worse.

No comments: