Thursday, June 15, 2006

Humility is a bitter lesson.

The tenth of June was my wife's birthday and my children felt awkward about mentioning it to me as they did not know what my reaction would be. My daughter wrote her a card telling her mother how much she misses her and how she misses her mother's hugs and kisses. I had to console her by giving her the God has plans for evrything in life routine and that she has to make it her goal to oneday be with her mother as it is my vision to do so. I told her that everything I do is cattered towards oneday getting all three of us to Illinois to be with their mother. It may take time and this too is for a reason as my children were both spoilt shitless by their mother when she was with us but now that she is not around and we are financially strapped they will have to learn what being tough and persevering is all about in life. At least they now will appreciate their mother a whole lotbetter than when they were with her.
I miss my wife too, but i cannot afford the luxury of thinking that I can accomplish much without first getting my act together and putting me and my kids back on the track before i am too old to ride the waves. I am living on a day to day basis as far as money is concern but i am confindent that i will be where I aim to be all in good time. In the meantime I will just have to bite the bullets and grit my teeth and keep on trudging along till opportunity knocks on my door again. I have no regrets over what has been and nor will i regret for what is to come, but I know my life is just as exciting even when I am down as it gives me a whole new perspective towards what life has to offer. Life is a humbling experience and for now i am being treated to a good dose of humility and I take it a piece at a time like the medicine that I have been prescribed by the Lord of Power.

No comments: