Sunday, June 18, 2006

Asta LaVista...

Sunday, got up early and almost ready to leave for work but had to change plans as there was a death in the family or rather in the neighborhood. On opening my door I discovered my cousin sister down on the street infront of the house informing the neighbors of the passing awy of one of my cousins' mother- in-law. So I decided this was a good enough reason to call the work place and tell em not to expect me. I was one o those on site when the deceased body was brought home from the hospital where she passed on. I had to help carry the body into the house and felt a muscle pulled as I lifted the stretcher from the back of the Van.
As I was sitting around waiting forn things to pick up my handphone rang and my Resort Manager was on line wondering if the Ferry had left. I told him that I was not at the Jetty and that was it. The trip to the cemetary was a little after noon and as I sat there among the gravestones I could help but reflect upon the fact that one day soon i would end up as food for worms right here in this very crowded 'Wakaf Land". My whole life flashed before me and the fact that at present my life is not looking too promising as the stakes are mounting and the income is not meeting the demands. As the old imam was performing the last rites beside the grave surrounded by close friends and families, I reflected upon the fact if it matters when you are dead you are dead! Game over, end of story, end of blog delete blog from the face of the net! Via Con Dios and who gives...a dash?
I have been through life or atleast whats left of it taking chances and treading paths less travled, shoot my bullets wildly and hitting less target than a blind man would and eventually here i am sitting among the dead contemplating ending it all in some safe way that will not hurt too much or too many any if and when I am gone from this scene, what difference does it make to any one other than the two teenagers I am doing a lousy job at raising? I am simply tired of making up stories and excuses and hell pray as I will dya and night it seems more like a mockery to religion. I am in despair and at the nadir of my life, oh sure I keep tellin myself that it could be worse, like comfort myself with not being in Iraq or Jogjakarta and so on, it works at some point but after awhile living a life of sham and dehumanizing circumstances no matter what you do or try shit just keeps kicking in like there is no end to it..It sucks!

I always thought that I might end up my story with a they lived happlily ever after but it don't look like I am going to make it tally. I am going to end up just another looser on one long loosing trip to nowhere. Does it need to end this way? At present I'd rather be somewhere in Iraq dieing for a cause rather than facing the shit being disherd out at me by the government bureaucracy, the so called community or society that is dead to the call for help and support unless one grovels in self pity and cry at the doorsteps for mercy. No Sir for me there is no way I will lay down and take the crap that is being thrown at me without taking a punch before i exit. As the former Prime Minister once asked what makes a terrorist?...Well read my story and if one day you find my name among the sinners against humanity know that it is not all politics or the quest to be number one, it sometimes is simply because...Hasta LaVista!

No comments: