Sunday, May 07, 2006

The HUMIND Solo Exhibition










The HUMIND Solo Exhibition at the University Sains Art gallery on Beach Street or leboh Pantai has been on for almost a week now. It has received good reviews from two or three press articles which is pleasantly surprising and makes you feel like at last you have reached the Summit of the Mystic Mountain or perhaps just a higher plateau in the scale of life.
They had hung a banner above one of the doorways which has the word HUMIND and my face on oneside and when I first saw this I felt like I have reached home at least with my artistic endeavors throughout this life. Now my journals as well as my art works are being laid bare for all to see, to share and to ponder upon. I have done as best I could given the circumstances of my life at the moment but it could have ebeen alot more better had I the means to have the works professionally framed for as it is they are only stretched most of them. Given the situation I must be thankful for the Grace of Allah in making it all happen and i am grateful to Encik Hasnul, director of the USM Muzium and Gallery whose kindness I can never repay for without his confidence in me this show would not have become a reality. The rest of the USM Muzium and Art staff members who were responsible in putting it all together including restretching many of the larger canvasses.
The reception at work over my solo show has been just as encouraging at least from those who are genuinely intrested in art.

No comments: