Thursday, March 16, 2006

Things are beginning to pick up for the show

Yesterday I made some new acquaintences one a musician who plays the harmonica while at the same time the tamborine with his foot and a bongo with his hands, a regular one man band and damn good at it. We were at the home of a martial arts instructor who when told that I am having a solo exhibition in town has offered to provide a few demos free at the oppening. The musician also offered to play at the event if it can be set up. So I am trying to convince the gallery director to have the oppening day with some entertainment included.
I have four of my works for framing and should be ready soon and I have come up with a few ideas to make the show more exiting one of which is to include all the different works I have been working in the past, the different techniques and the different mediums. I will group them so that it will give the audience a good perpective of the scope of my ability as an artist. Oils, water colors , prints, black and white sketches, cartoon characters and to include one or two of my original journals. I will make my show thw talk of the town at least among art enthusiasts. Carpe Diem! Thats right its now or never!
The best fruit is one that drops to the ground when it is fully ripe and ready and not untill then. This is how I look at my life. Although by nature i am a very impatient fellow, but underneath it all I maitian the fact that things are well done when they are 'well done', for to hurry and make things happen can sometimes back fire or fail due to premature and lask of proper planning. There is a saying that some fail because they lack planning then there are those who plan simply to fail. I have a plan that include both success and failure and life is the experiment where success and failure goes hand in hand. It is not so much the end product or conclusion that matters to me it is more the process of succeeding or failing that makes my life worth living.

No comments: