Saturday, January 14, 2006

The show must go on...

The day ended in a mess as far as ticket collection went as I had a hard time trying to make ends meet or the ticket sales and the cash to tally.The front desk manager was all out to help me make it right but I was not nit in the mood to listen to his long and winded explanation in his way of getting things done right but something about him and his ways just does not to appeal to me. But I was tired and so I had to leave and took a walk to clear my head before I went back to take care of business. Needless i am again on someone's shit list, what can I say? I can justify till doomsday with whys and hows but it will do no good. I hate to it quits as I dont know if i can keep up with handling people and money any more. I took on the job to prove to myself that I can deal with money and I think I am not to bad at it now but the odds here are against me as I am always handicapped by the lack of things and the resort is at its best when it comes to not having the right tool for the right job.
Oh well who am I kidding? I am not cut for being a ticket seller or a receptionist but at least I know aht it takes now that i have been through the ordeal. All I have to do now is pray harder that something will come by in the not too distant future like a successful art show that could launch my belated career as an Artist here in Malaysia. The show is set for the month of May and last night my friend Cikgu Yusof and I were invited to the Muzeum Director's home to drop off my journals and discuss about the exhihibition. We ended up talking through the night till about two am and mostly about life and religion. I like the guy, open minded and another seeker of the truth. His house is well decorated with art objects mostly his own works and antiques from various parts of the world.

No comments: