Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Back to School

School start today for the kids, vacation is over all those hundreds of hours of TV worshipping days has finaly come to an end and my son has to get his act together or he is going to have a tough time rhis year. my baughter as always seems to have gotten her acts pretty much squared away and ready to face a new school with new faces and new expereinces. She has decided to switch schools from a coed predominantly malay school to Convent Girls school in Green lane where the world reknowned Nichol David the Squash world Champ was at one time a student. They will most probably erect a statue oher on the front lawn one of thses days as thay cannot give her enough for her accomplishment not that she does not deserve it.
Today I will try to get her settled down in her new school hoping that all will go well with no horrifying hitch in paper works horrors. My son I hope is faring well in getting himself into his second year at MBS. He is in form three and will be facing his exam this year and so I will have to crack the whip on him from now on. He was given a set of text books last night from a neighbour whose son was in form three last year and that helps me save some money and on top of that the father even handed his fifty Ringgit as a gift, that was a blessing as now he could purchase his new school uniforms. it looks like most of my financial woories with regards to getting the kids back into school is slowly coming to and end except for the 480 RM I will still nedd to pay the Penang Education Department to register my children as foreign students here. I thought I had squared away in Kuala terenggany when I paid the immigration department there three ahead for the fees and had their passports endorsed as foreign students for same number of years, but no such luck. Every department in the country has a need to feed.
Whatever happened to their citizenship applications? Last i heard the papers were in the hands of the Prime Minister's Private Secretatires' hands. At least that is what I think as I had personally handed them to a Datuk friend here who is a personal friend of the PM to have it handed over to the PM. Well what more can a man do other than ask how much I need to pay to get this nightmare off my mind and so that my children are no more in danger of getting arrested for having no proper Identification papers on thm or be able to apply for financial help or driver's liscence? HeY! This is my country too, I paid my taxes and if they check on it they will find that the Malaysian Government might even be owing me about a thousand RM in over charges. I have left my country when i was inspired to in my younger days to seek beyond the coconut shell that I had grown up under and now I have returned with the experiences and knowledge I had gained for nothing but to be treated like an illegal alien myself. This is Justice Malaysian style, Allhamdullillah!!!

No comments: